Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico >

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Notices

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Old 07-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by handfulz28
So who exactly are we supposed to feel sorry for here? "Coastal residents" that could take their BP payments and go on vacation? Or inmates that are getting out of their cells and earning a few bucks for their pockets and/or time off their sentence?
Surely you can't be talking about the fishermen and charter boat Captains. Their businesses are ruined because of BP's incompetence. They need money to pay their bills that they can't earn now.

And let the inmates earn their keep. Give them incentives to work(reduced sentences, trusty upgrades etc) and they will do a good job.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by purrfection
With boat payments, dock fees, house payments, families to raise, etc., etc.,
Originally Posted by Catmando
They need money to pay their bills that they can't earn now.
Can you guys not read? BP is replacing lost income. Yeah, I guess it will suck for all the people paid in cash that never declare income and have no docs to back up their claim. And I'm so sure that nobody out there is faking paperwork to get paid either....as if....

And how much you wanna bet that before the year is out, there will be tax credits for those in the "affected areas?"
Old 07-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Registered

Yes sir, I can read. From your post, it sounded to me that you were suggesting that the "Coastal residents" were receiving so much money from BP that they could just ignore their problems (by the way created by BP) and just go on vacation. I guess I misunderstood.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by handfulz28
So who exactly are we supposed to feel sorry for here? "Coastal residents" that could take their BP payments and go on vacation? Or inmates that are getting out of their cells and earning a few bucks for their pockets and/or time off their sentence?
You obviously have no clue how the "coastal residents" have been affected and what they do. Do some research on the Valdez spill, see what happened to those fisherman. After all was said and done, they got $15,000/fisherman. They don't have a tenth of the catch they once had and one species of fish is no longer around in that area. All of the people that lived in the area had to move to a different location. So the people that have been harvesting the same waters for the past 80 years or more might not be able to anymore. How do you compensate for that? These people don't want to "sit on their azzes" These are guys that work 7 days a week doing the most labor intensive work and they love it. Even when times are good they don't go on vacation. They don't know what a vacation is. Fuc*ing a$$bag, get a life.

Last edited by JLAY; 07-24-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Registered

I hate to even post this. But Im sure some of you know BP was legally obligated to only pay 75 million.

Now if criminal neglect is found that is off the table.

Just stating a fact dont butcher me.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by yahoo
I hate to even post this. But Im sure some of you know BP was legally obligated to only pay 75 million.

Now if criminal neglect is found that is off the table.

Just stating a fact dont butcher me.
That's true and BP put $20B in its cleanup fund. I'll give them props for that. But their secrecy campaign should stop, and Obama should stop it.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Banned

Default Trinity Yachts is building oil skimmers

I wonder if 15 is enough...

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/ge...mers-gulf.html
Old 07-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Looks like this pig of a ship will be sent back to where it came from. A-Whale flunked

http://markimoore.com/a-whale-not-ap...ulf-of-mexico/
Old 07-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Registered

They didnt put up any monies yet in the 20B fund and I doubt they will.

They also are paying no more claims.

If I were BP I would do the same, just like exxon did with valdez.

I would make them sue me.

What obama did with the 20b is nothing more than a shakedown, and probably not constitutional.

Get some popcorn and watch, the guy that replaced hayworth got kicked out of Russia for telling putin how the cow ate the cabbage, lets see what he tells obama.

Remember guys this is not a US company.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned

What obama did with the 20b is nothing more than a shakedown, and probably not constitutional.

BP said they went to Obama and suggested the $20b fund.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.