Like Tree0Likes

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Reply
Old 10-28-2010, 04:13 PM
  #851
Registered
 
JLAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chalmette,Ponchatoula, Louisiana
My Boats: 14' go-devil mud boat 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 408
Default

RED ALGAE, if they were that concerned they should have taken samples. Like i said in an above post, algae will look exactly like oil, espically when it starts to die off. I see it all of the time in wastewater ponds in the summer. I read this same article last week in the TP, environmental groups were out the next day taking samples. It does not take 5 days to analyze samples, just a few hours. Where are the FACTS not online articles.

I gotta stop this back and forth with you, i'm gonna get fired from work for being on-line so much. Get back to me when you have some facts and not an acticle cut and pasted from an online source. Do some research on algae, what causes it, what time of year it occurs, the dead zone off of the mouth of the mississippi, why this happens, etc.

Last edited by JLAY; 10-28-2010 at 04:19 PM.
JLAY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:48 PM
  #852
naplesimage.com
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
jayboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SWFloridaH2O
My Boats: Every One In Sight
Posts: 18,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAriverratt View Post
from what i hear they are testing the seafood better now than they were before and I'm not afraid to eat it.
That would make sense, and I sure hope you are right.
I would also note that my link is from HuffPo- they aren't exactly known for non-hysterical headlines.

That said... I sure as hell don't think that BP has our best interests in mind and I believe all that phucking oil is SOMEWHERE out there.

As has been said numerous times on this thread, the best we should all hope for is that out of this disaster comes better regulation of the industry. We need to find a sensible balance between protecting our one and only ocean that we all love and SAFE, SMART extraction of oil so that you guys have plenty of fuel to burn so I can continue shooting you.

Also, too... Steve1- those fumes are bad for ya, mmm-kay?
__________________
Roostertail does not lie.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
jayboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:53 PM
  #853
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
My Boats: Slippery when wet!
Posts: 10,833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
That would make sense, and I sure hope you are right.
I would also note that my link is from HuffPo- they aren't exactly known for non-hysterical headlines.

That said... I sure as hell don't think that BP has our best interests in mind and I believe all that phucking oil is SOMEWHERE out there.

As has been said numerous times on this thread, the best we should all hope for is that out of this disaster comes better regulation of the industry. We need to find a sensible balance between protecting our one and only ocean that we all love and SAFE, SMART extraction of oil so that you guys have plenty of fuel to burn so I can continue shooting you.

Also, too... Steve1- those fumes are bad for ya, mmm-kay?
LOL I spend a lot of money to breathe fresh air all MSA stuff.
Steve 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:59 PM
  #854
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAY View Post
RED ALGAE, if they were that concerned they should have taken samples. Like i said in an above post, algae will look exactly like oil, espically when it starts to die off. I see it all of the time in wastewater ponds in the summer. I read this same article last week in the TP, environmental groups were out the next day taking samples. It does not take 5 days to analyze samples, just a few hours. Where are the FACTS not online articles.

I gotta stop this back and forth with you, i'm gonna get fired from work for being on-line so much. Get back to me when you have some facts and not an acticle cut and pasted from an online source. Do some research on algae, what causes it, what time of year it occurs, the dead zone off of the mouth of the mississippi, why this happens, etc.
Don't get fired because of me OR this website. And I think I'll leave the research to the experts, I'm too far away from the problem.

But don't forget, it's in BP's interests to have everybody believe the oil is gone. So misidentifying oil as algal bloom is good for them.
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:02 PM
  #855
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

And Jay, as to "better regulation"...the oil companies want NO regulation which is why they're giving 95% of their campaign contributions to Republicans and Teabag candidates.
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:20 PM
  #856
Registered
 
JLAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chalmette,Ponchatoula, Louisiana
My Boats: 14' go-devil mud boat 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 408
Default

Had a boss that once told me to never argue with a dumba$$, because most people cannot which is which.

peace out!
JLAY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:24 PM
  #857
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAY View Post
Had a boss that once told me to never argue with a dumba$$, because most people cannot which is which.

peace out!
Hey FUK YOU pal.
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:56 PM
  #858
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
My Boats: 85 Baja Force 320
Posts: 1,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
Hey FUK YOU pal.

LoL


wjb21ndtown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 PM
  #859
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
My Boats: Slippery when wet!
Posts: 10,833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
And Jay, as to "better regulation"...the oil companies want NO regulation which is why they're giving 95% of their campaign contributions to Republicans and Teabag candidates.
Wrong they gave a mill to blue lips the clown ,maybe could have bought a better BOP with the money.
Steve 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:33 AM
  #860
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
LAriverratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfield, Louisiana
My Boats: 32 Sunsation SSR, 308 skater,( #1-28 skater sold), 24' Xpress
Posts: 3,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
And Jay, as to "better regulation"...the oil companies want NO regulation which is why they're giving 95% of their campaign contributions to Republicans and Teabag candidates.
not an expert on drilling regulations but I do know a thing or two about MSHA regs and I would bet that they are similar in having way to many regs and way to much power over the companies...that being said I would bet this happened cuz the company didn't do their part in doing what they were suppose to and the regulators OUR GOVENMENT didn't do what they were suppose to...never trust your government...no matter what party or who is charge...they are just as bad or worse as big companies who don't give **** about anything but the bottom line and they are much much bigger and have gotten way to much control over our lives these days!!! and for the "TEABAG Candidates"..the dems and a few repubs are gonna get TEABAGGED by them this election
LAriverratt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.