Like Tree0Likes

So who's new DCB M35 is this?

Reply
Old 06-27-2010, 11:09 PM
  #11
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: OC CA
My Boats: 05 F26 TCM800
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellpower View Post
Those DCB's look 10 years old next to a Skater flat deck.
Why because they don't have fluorescent green and neon pink in the color scheme?
rvrrat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:25 PM
  #12
Registered
VIP Member
Trade Score: (2)
 
LubeJobs42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Fort Lauderdale
My Boats: 44 MTI 39 MTI 35 MOTION 16 DONZI
Posts: 3,594
Default

I looked at the DCB's that were on display in Havasu and I have to say I was floored how beautiful they are. I have never looked at one up close before. The detail work is beautiful. Everyone was a show piece.
When I built Lubejobs (39 MTI and 35 Motion) I used all of the best stuff money can buy. Every thing that was put in the boat was either anodized, powder coated , polished or stainless. Many pieces made just for the boats. They cost me a fortune to build and i said i would never do it again. You can't imagine what it cost to build a boat using this stuff.

The DCM's are rigged exactly the same. I didn't see a bolt without an anodized washer. Every thing in the boat is custom.
I was very impressed.

Dave is also one of the nicest guys you can meet! I spent some time with him discussing his boat. I really enjoyed meeting him.
LubeJobs42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:39 PM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: OC CA
My Boats: 05 F26 TCM800
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 View Post
I looked at the DCB's that were on display in Havasu and I have to say I was floored how beautiful they are. I have never looked at one up close before. The detail work is beautiful. Everyone was a show piece.
When I built Lubejobs (39 MTI and 35 Motion) I used all of the best stuff money can buy. Every thing that was put in the boat was either anodized, powder coated , polished or stainless. Many pieces made just for the boats. They cost me a fortune to build and i said i would never do it again. You can't imagine what it cost to build a boat using this stuff.

The DCM's are rigged exactly the same. I didn't see a bolt without an anodized washer. Every thing in the boat is custom.
I was very impressed.

Dave is also one of the nicest guys you can meet! I spent some time with him discussing his boat. I really enjoyed meeting him.

Very cool to hear this.
rvrrat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:44 AM
  #14
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,452
Default

I have seen several up close and have to say that the rigging is second to none. I take a lot of pride in my rigging work and I'm always looking at the rigging work in other boats to get some ideas and tips to use in my own work. Dave's work is the cleanest I have ever seen. I have had the opportunity to work on and ride in a ton of different boats. I also take the time to climb around in all of them. Not just show boats, but boats that were built years ago and have been used quite a bit. I get to see what they look like after a few years of use and see what holds up and what doesn't. His boats look just as clean years later. I have one in the shop now that is over 10 years old and it is still just as clean as it was when it was built.
Eddie
Young Performance is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:18 AM
  #15
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Navarre, FL
My Boats: Formula 330SS
Posts: 367
Default

Wasn't this the same one that is in the new powerboat magazine? Sweet boat...
alindquist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:54 PM
  #16
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alindquist View Post
Wasn't this the same one that is in the new powerboat magazine? Sweet boat...
No. The one in Powerboat was a M31

Daves boats are very nice!!
lavey jr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:06 PM
  #17
Quent
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Loudon, TN
My Boats: 2010 Lavey 2750, Whipple 1000
Posts: 237
Default

Quote, "Daves boats are very nice!!"

Very true. From personal experience, right up there with Lavey.
Quent is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:11 PM
  #18
Registered
 
Caincando1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,485
Default

Great looking boat!

I'm wondering why there is a center pod on a 35 foot cat?
Caincando1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:34 PM
  #19
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: OC CA
My Boats: 05 F26 TCM800
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caincando1 View Post
Great looking boat!

I'm wondering why there is a center pod on a 35 foot cat?
There are many reasons all relating to overall handling.

I'm not an expert, so I'll let someone else provide better detail.
rvrrat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:23 PM
  #20
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavey jr View Post
No. The one in Powerboat was a M31

Daves boats are very nice!!
Ran 150 with Teague975/6s. Probly 180 with 1200s.
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.