deadliest catch and phil harris >

deadliest catch and phil harris

Notices

deadliest catch and phil harris

Old 07-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not seen last nights episode yet I have been on vacation but will watch it as soon as I get home. Last weeks episode was sad.

I really hope that his younger son pulls it together and gets off the drugs.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
It is incredible. I've been in and around the funeral business my entire life and witness occurrences like that all the time. I could write a book that would shiver your spine!
I gotta hear some of these because after my uncle passed away, with whom I was very close, I would talk to him at night sometimes outloud when working late on the jobsite.

So I said if I am not wasting my time and you can hear me let me see your name in my email or something in the next couple of days.

Now I had never seen his name in print anywhere really because he lived far away.

The next day his xmas card I sent him was retuned. (IN JUNE) with his name on it!

talk about shivers down my spine.

It was bitter sweet because I now knew he had never gotten to see a picture of my little boy before he passed.

tore my heart out to be honest.
I did feel like he could hear me though and I never really believed in that type of thing before that day
Old 07-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Those seas were INCREDIBLE. I could not imagine being out there, even in ships of those size; especially after hearing what happened to his Dad's ship years ago.
yeah you gotta have BIG BALLS to be out there in those seas and not be scared shi^less. Its bad enough if the boat is running OK but could you imagine losing power out there and getting hit broadside or something.

Phil had all kinds of troubles with the mechanicals on the boat this past year, you could see he was wicked stressed all the time. I am one of those guys whos always analyzing the situation at hand and stressing about it so I know how it takes its toll on you.

They showed him tapping his foot all day long and rubbing his hands etc Thats Stressand it wipes you out.
thats probably why he liked to let loose and run fast cars and motorcycles etc.
I wonder if any of those guys have fast boats or if they are so sick of boats they just want to be on land?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:22 PM
Registered

RIP Phil. Definitely seemed like a cool guy and I'll miss him from the show.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

30 ct sutphen, I have seen the hillstrands have been on the geico race boat several times.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,646 Likes on 3,773 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted G
While I agree with that, I think there is also a learning curve by the guys. They have found what will get them more air time and I know for a fact have staged "incidents" to make some drama. Whether this is done with the approval of Discovery or not I have no idea. They still do everyday business and some of the stuff that happens is part of that, but there is an effort to make the show more interesting, not knocking it, it is a great show.

Interesting fact: It was Mike Rowe's idea. He developed it and did a season as a greenhorn to make a show called "Greenhorn" . As it was coming to production they also decided to make Dirty Jobs and wanted him to front that (also his idea) so they cut all his footage from the crabbing show and that is what became "Catch".
Interesting, I remember reading a story in Reader's Digest back in the 90's, regarding Crabbing in alaska, and when the first series came out. it was very much like the reader's Digest.

The same goes for the perfect storm, I remember reading of in RD, as well as living in New England at the Time.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete B
Interesting, I remember reading a story in Reader's Digest back in the 90's, regarding Crabbing in alaska, and when the first series came out. it was very much like the reader's Digest.

The same goes for the perfect storm, I remember reading of in RD, as well as living in New England at the Time.

I'm pretty sure there was a documentary on crab fishing, maybe even on Discovery, before the show too. I think Mike's idea was to follow the season and see all the interpersonal stuff. I mean you can get the mechanics of the whole thing into about a 15 minute show right? He really did not want to be the host of Dirty Jobs, but Discovery made him do it. Obviously they knew better. But he did say he is on the road 300 days a year, which kinda cuts into your fun time, as you well know, huh Pete?
Old 07-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Registered

Edgar is another very knowledgeable guy, I never knew why he wasnt running his own boat.
Just recently realized he was sigs little brother. That explains allot.

Id like to see him get his own ride on the show.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:40 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think he is part owner of the Northwestern.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Registered

Those last few episodes were rough... very moving to say the least!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.