Old 08-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Schwing!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Registered

i ran it today and got 139.5 out of it!

just kidding, i must have walked past it 139 times today tho! looks great! and the closer you get to the paint the better it looks!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:40 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations, Michael - It looks like it's going to be everything that you were hoping for!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Congratulations, Michael - It looks like it's going to be everything that you were hoping for!!!!
Like anything else it's the small final details that take the longest but ultimatel worth the wait!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Registered

Comment:

Perhaps no one is telling you the truth. I will say it your running the wrong gear ratio right out of the box. Note: It is your boat you run what you want but if it were me and it's not I would tell them hey can we try the 1.39 GR.

I don't get it why 37, 39, and 40 pitch props???

I would change it now to the 1:39 and run some better props 16.5 X 33+- super cat lite props if it can pull it if not then a 32 pitch.

As for your slip calculations can we have the data on that 10% in a pleasure boat cat. I do the slip calculations and it comes out 12%--- which is fantastic in any event for a pleasure boat catamaran.

KAP

Last edited by kap328; 08-26-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Superb sir, awesome project.

Cant wait to hear final number on her, as well as see how the indys hold up over time.

I havent heard a single "broken indy" story yet.

Uncle Dave
Old 08-26-2010, 10:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Michael Looks like everything is coming together nicely for you.

I guess you'll be running with the front pack next July
Old 08-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kap328
Comment:

Perhaps no one is telling you the truth. I will say it your running the wrong gear ratio right out of the box. Note: It is your boat you run what you want but if it were me and it's not I would tell them hey can we try the 1.39 GR.

I don't get it why 37, 39, and 40 pitch props???

I would change it now to the 1:39 and run some better props 16.5 X 33+- super cat lite props if it can pull it if not then a 32 pitch.

As for your slip calculations can we have the data on that 10% in a pleasure boat cat. I do the slip calculations and it comes out 12%--- which is fantastic in any event for a pleasure boat catamaran.

KAP
KAP I already commented on the overall goal which is setting up the boat how it's going to be used. I'm not sure what type of boat you own or how you boat but I challenge most to really think about what amount of time is spent at WOT within 10mph of their actuall top end. Not what amount of time is spent on the wood, we all put it on the wood from time to time to accelerate but then we throttle back once the desired speed is attained. A Lambo may be capable of over 200mph but there are probably cars quicker zero to 100. The feeling is most boat between 60-100mph excluding poker runs so why set up a boat to run 140 occasionally when you could enjoy more roll on performance in the range you actually operate.

At the end of the day I can go either way 1.39 or 1.50 at No Cost to me but the last 3 ILMOR Indy twin engine cats built went 1.39. We have all the data, props, acceleration, speeds etc on those boats & can easily mirror them so why not try something different?? If 38-40 pitch props were totally inefficient & virtually useless then why would they offer them? IMO they make them b/c there's a market for them. The 35's & 37's that have been tested so far were SCL props & the gain over a standard cut prop is only about 1-2mph & they're only rated up to 700h.p. I'm told.

With regard to slip what rpm did you use b/c my guess is thats where you may be off?? According to Peter Hledin round ear bravo props are considered efficient @ 10-12% & cleaver (#6) props closer to 6-8% slip. I don't know nor do I claim to know but it's worth my time to allow the man to test his theories as to what he thinks will yield me the best overall package. Keep in mind that Bob Teague is an ILMOR distributor & has provided input & that overall this is a collaborative effort between ILMOR, Skater, Hering & myself. My Skater is the FIRST retro-fit boat, all others have been packages. Keep in mind the H.P. & torque curves are different between the Gen3 710 engine I have & the Gen4 725 engines that are offered now.

The worst that could happen is we find out what we thought in theory was a good idea ended up not working. I can't tell you how many things show promise in the wind tunnel & aren't worth a darn on the race track! Thats why we call it testing!

I feel I've been very open & honest about this project as it's a learning experience for all involved. This Thread has over 23k views in 1 mo so there must be some interest in it's success.

Last edited by NASCAT; 08-26-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Congrats Michael Looks like everything is coming together nicely for you.

I guess you'll be running with the front pack next July
I never expect to be the fastest but hanging w/ the big guns can be fun. You can tell by the pic (lower right corner) I was one of the first there last year, in fact Reggie beat me & I had to follow Roger Ausley b/c I didn't know the way!
Attached Thumbnails Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade-lunchstop.jpg  
Old 08-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Registered

The plan is to hit Lake Michigan at 2pm today. Trevor puts in at Mackatawa (sp?) which dumps into the big lake! I guess those of you that are close by may be able to check it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.