Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade >

Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade

Notices

Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade

Old 07-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade

Skater & ILMOR have been working together closely on upgrading my boat to ILMOR's new Indy drive. The retrofit is the first for ILMOR as the other boats with Indy drives were sold as Gen 4 engine / drive packages. I have Gen3 engines which has required a team effort from all parties involved in order to see this retrofit project thru. Luckily both companies are located only a few hrs apart from one another. Ultimately it should pave the way for other ILMOR owners to upgrade to the Indy drive resulting in an even more reliable turnkey package.

The Skater is my 2nd ILMOR powered boat & they've been an excellent option for me. Over the past 5yrs I've received unmatched sales, service & support from the folks at ILMOR.

Skater has been working their magic as well. There were lots of options when it came to retrofitting the new drives but Peter & his staff aren't taking any shortcuts and there have been several instances where they have taken it upon themselves to go the extra mile which is the reputation Skater is known for.

While I've missed several of my favorite poker runs to date I consider it a small sacrifice in the big scheme of things. Allowing Skater & ILMOR the time they require to engineer the upfit will ultimately pay dividends in the end.

My goal being a well rounded turnkey, reliable, bulletproof package.
Attached Thumbnails Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade-skater-lkn.jpg   Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade-skater-30-drives.jpg   Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade-starboard-ilmor-mockup.jpg  

Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade-transmission.jpg   Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade-starboard-indy.jpg  
Old 07-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Great stuff! Keep the pics coming. Looks like it will be an incredible package! Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Registered

I've been begging for some pics but those guys are too busy to take them, download them, upload them & send them to me.

If I don't get my boat back soon it will be b/c I kept pestering them for the pics! Right??
Old 07-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

oh yea, it will be worth the wait for sure.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the driveline 4 bolts or is that just an adjustable template to line everything up??
Old 07-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now you need a trailer extension to protect those expensive drives. Do you have a wraparound windshield or canopies?

Last edited by Catmando; 07-25-2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: missed a word...
Old 07-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dkwestern
Is the driveline 4 bolts or is that just an adjustable template to line everything up??
The boalts are strictly for alignment / mock up purposes. My engines were too far forward to accommodate a plugin & too far back to install a driveshaft now that a tranny has been added so it's basically a yoke & flange on both sides w/ a coupler in between, The gap will be half what you see pictured. Those were taken early on.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by Catmando
Now you need a trailer extension to protect those expensive drives. Do you a wraparound windshield or canopies?
Cat,

You know all Skater trailers come stock w/ such. See pic in post 1!

Yes I'd love to have a wrap around windscreen but if I did that in addition to the drives I'm thinking I'd have more money in it than the fastest 32 listed in the classifieds!
Old 07-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Cat,

You know all Skater trailers come stock w/ such. See pic in post 1!

Yes I'd love to have a wrap around windscreen but if I did that in addition to the drives I'm thinking I'd have more money in it than the fastest 32 listed in the classifieds!
How many hours did you get before you broke those IMCO drives? LOL
Old 07-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 26awesome
How many hours did you get before you broke those IMCO drives? LOL
They never broke but the gears were spent after 50hrs! Sometimes uppers, sometimes lowers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.