Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade >

Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade

Notices

Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade

Old 07-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, looking good michael. You told me about this sat on the funrun. Great to see the pics. good looking drives and I hope they hold up.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Cat,

You know all Skater trailers come stock w/ such. See pic in post 1!

Yes I'd love to have a wrap around windscreen but if I did that in addition to the drives I'm thinking I'd have more money in it than the fastest 32 listed in the classifieds!
Oops I missed it.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good nascat !
Old 07-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by stainless
Looking good nascat !
Thank you sir! Only no sooner do I catch up to you & you will be upgrading leaving me behind again.

Since you aren't claiming ownership of the 36 Pier 57 just sold I believe I know where you are headed!

Last edited by NASCAT; 07-22-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

I've been begging for some pics but those guys are too busy to take them, download them, upload them & send them to me.

If I don't get my boat back soon it will be b/c I kept pestering them for the pics! Right??
Good to see Mike Hope you can do some boating this year.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Registered

Thats such an awesome rig, Ive had a chubbie looking it for the last hour Nascat.

Youll definitely pick up speed with the indy and your headaches of drive maintenance are history with the indy.
I was looking at this drive at Teague and its a work of art.

Practically no parasitic loss like 14 HP I read somewhere
Its stouter than an NXT.

Are you going mechanical or digital shift? I would think that gen 3 imposes mechanical, but I could be wrong.

Oh its been out a while now and I havent heard of one breaking yet either. Only the first one having a minor assembly issue that was solved in a day or so.

Im incredibly impressed with my Ilmor product and even a single 710 is enough to give my buddys a vulgar display of power in a 28ft v.

- your rig is going to be supersonic chief-

I wanna ride!

Uncle Dave
Attached Thumbnails Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade-dsc06792.jpg   Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade-dsc06802.jpg   Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade-dsc06754.jpg  

Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade-catalina-april-17th-2010-1.jpeg   Skater 30 / ILMOR Indy Upgrade-tie-up-mdr.jpeg  

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 07-22-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Congrat's on the upgrade, I know you've been wanting it for a while.

Will it be ready for Destin?
Old 07-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

UD- Thx for the kind words. I remember watching your ride come together & she sure turned out nice.

I'm thinking no to the electric shift b/c the Gen3 710 isn't set up to accomodate that but cables & a velvet smooth tranny will satisfy me just fine.

Bubba- Long time no see or speak, hope you are well. Destin is 3 weeks away & I'm really not sure when I'll have the boat back. I have to go to the race track the weekend before which will make picking it up & hetting some seat time prior difficult. And at the moment I have no crew, 2 of my main guys wives had babies like a week apart so I'm thinking they are both grounded.

Stay tuned............
Old 07-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

UD- Thx for the kind words. I remember watching your ride come together & she sure turned out nice.

I'm thinking no to the electric shift b/c the Gen3 710 isn't set up to accomodate that but cables & a velvet smooth tranny will satisfy me just fine.

Bubba- Long time no see or speak, hope you are well. Destin is 3 weeks away & I'm really not sure when I'll have the boat back. I have to go to the race track the weekend before which will make picking it up & hetting some seat time prior difficult. And at the moment I have no crew, 2 of my main guys wives had babies like a week apart so I'm thinking they are both grounded.

Stay tuned............

I know of a willing crew member. I can give you his name and number if you would like.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Banned

Ian Hawkins said only 4hp parasitic loss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.