Like Tree0Likes

Am I seriously crazy?

Reply
Old 11-23-2010, 11:20 AM
  #31
CLA
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 605
Default

Just do your homework and cover your own azz. Just like business. I've bought 4 boats without one problem.

Goodluck man!
CLA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:08 PM
  #32
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,203
Default

How else do you do it? The dealers want you to wire them the money before you take delivery?
ActiveFun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:59 PM
  #33
CLA
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveFun View Post
How else do you do it? The dealers want you to wire them the money before you take delivery?
I only do cashier check. I don't hand over the money utill I have the boat on my hitch and the title in my hand. I make sure the owner/dealer faxes me a copy of the boat and trailer title front and back before I go get the boat.

My brother bought a baja back in the early 90's and did a wire transfer with a loan. Found out about 2 years later it had a salvage title. He never even looked at the title before buying the boat.
CLA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:19 PM
  #34
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 2,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLA View Post
I only do cashier check. I don't hand over the money utill I have the boat on my hitch and the title in my hand. I make sure the owner/dealer faxes me a copy of the boat and trailer title front and back before I go get the boat.

My brother bought a baja back in the early 90's and did a wire transfer with a loan. Found out about 2 years later it had a salvage title. He never even looked at the title before buying the boat.
How do you do it when there is a loan involved? And if the boat is from FL and documented? I dont think there is a title involved.
ActiveFun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:54 PM
  #35
CLA
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveFun View Post
How do you do it when there is a loan involved? And if the boat is from FL and documented? I dont think there is a title involved.
My bank lets me take the check. I have a good relationship with them.

There has to be some type of paperwork for the boat. Never bought a boat out of FL though. But I'm sure it can be done easily.
CLA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:10 PM
  #36
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Marginmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Indianapolis, Lake Cumberland
My Boats: 38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight
Posts: 3,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveFun View Post
How do you do it when there is a loan involved? And if the boat is from FL and documented? I dont think there is a title involved.
The documentation paper itself has a paragraph for transferring ownership that acts like a title.
__________________
The Beak be gone
Marginmn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:24 PM
  #37
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mahopac New York
My Boats: Sunsation/Outerlimits
Posts: 969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash Bar View Post
Thanks for all the advice/thoughts. I have an idea how this goes from here.

I will say the I would definitely buy from Mahapoc(Charlie is the goods) if they had anything I wanted.

I'm on the hunt over the Winter and you KNOW I will post it asap.
MahopacMarine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:16 PM
  #38
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 292
Default Cb...

What are you thinking about...???

Cat or V?

Size Range?

Price Range?
LESSONLEARNED is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:20 PM
  #39
Lip-Ship- Grafikworx Glad
Platinum Member
 
pm203's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: MA and NH
Posts: 3,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marginmn View Post
The documentation paper itself has a paragraph for transferring ownership that acts like a title.
I am not sure that the doc has the lienholder on it if there is a outstanding loan on the boat.
pm203 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:09 PM
  #40
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Marginmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Indianapolis, Lake Cumberland
My Boats: 38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight
Posts: 3,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
I am not sure that the doc has the lienholder on it if there is a outstanding loan on the boat.

The documentation Certificate lists lienholders but I guess any document can be forged or falsely obtained. But for documented vessels that certificate does act as the title/means for xferring ownership.
__________________
The Beak be gone
Marginmn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.