Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,, (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244105-anyone-else-find-t2x-bitter.html)

GRH 12-16-2010 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 140228)
1981 Reggie Fountain aftermarkets Excaliburs, calls them Executioners and becomes the inventor of the Vee bottom....takes out pages of advertizing, and people actually believe him.

1988 Fountain Powerboats creates the world's first ugly hook nosed bow and calls it an original "design change"..... and people believe him.

1993 Reggie Fountain invents the "stepped Vee"...again.......claims it's much faster .... and people believe him.

19931/2 Every other Vee bottom manufacturer invents the stepped Vee bottom ...again...
all of them are no faster than older models, but turn worse.
[

Bitter? Nahhhh.... I especially like the last one "no faster"....

Twin O/B Sonic 12-16-2010 02:05 PM

Forgot about those!

Originally Posted by apache727 (Post 3276247)
Great bitter threads..

Freagin hilarious! Hell, I'm callin it a day and crackin a beer so I got something to spit out my nose!! I fogot about this thread and now remember why all Fountain owners hate T-2 ;)

Bellow are my fav's.

1981 Reggie Fountain aftermarkets Excaliburs, calls them Executioners and becomes the inventor of the Vee bottom....takes out pages of advertizing, and people actually believe him.

1987. Hustler buys old Signature molds and creates new old Signatures.

1988 Fountain Powerboats creates the world's first ugly hook nosed bow and calls it an original "design change"..... and people believe him.

1993 Reggie Fountain invents the "stepped Vee"...again.......claims it's much faster .... and people believe him.

19931/2 Every other Vee bottom manufacturer invents the stepped Vee bottom ...again...
all of them are no faster than older models, but turn worse.

1998 Manufacturers rise to the challenge and reduce weights in "competition" models to the point where they are useless in both rough and calm water.

1998 Pleasure boaters adopt all of this crap and put it to use in Poker Runs.....

T2x 12-16-2010 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger (Post 3276114)
OK...Ive certainly noticed Rich's contempt for Reggie over the years here on OSO, no question but I wonder......I remember Rich saying he drove for the Canadian Merc Tunnelboat Team and Reggie drove for the US Team but did Reggie take the seat on the more prestigious US team that maybe Rich wanted thus preventing Rich from being a world famous tunnelboat zillionaire and thus the long standing contempt??????.....or is the timeline screwed up

Just Askin':D

No issue...Reggie was a much better tunnel boat driver than me. He was also the perfect size for the ultralight hulls and had the perfect ruthless temperment (all good things for a boat racer). On the other hand I did beat him in what I believe was his first Offshore race in Greenwich, CT.

If you are trying to figure out what my "issue" is with Reggie, while we may have had a few differences over the years and certainly aren't each others' favorite people, there really is none........

I have questioned the wisdom of glorifying dozens of the sport's personalities and products over the years, but it is a fact that only Fountain and his products are somehow deemed to be untouchable by his faithful followers.

To each his own and that's why they make Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream....something for everybody.

Me? I'll take Mint Chocolate Chip...thank you.

GRH 12-16-2010 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 3276255)
Me? I'll take Mint Chocolate Chip...thank you.

not that it matters... but my personal favorite too....

T2x 12-16-2010 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by GORT (Post 3276257)
not that it matters... but my personal favorite too....

There was a restaurant in Ridgewood, NJ with an Indian chef who created a home made mint chip ice cream with real mint (I think he used the Japanese variant)....... Best I ever tasted.

Sadly the restaurant had very little else going for it and closed about a year ago.....but man oh man, that ice cream was the best!!!

LAriverratt 12-16-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by apache727 (Post 3276247)

that was some of the best reading I've found here...learned a lot and I didn't fall asleep reading it:lolhit: I didnt see one ounce of bitterness there.humorous and factual isn't it!!!???!!!

GRH 12-16-2010 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 3276265)
There was a restaurant in Ridgewood, NJ with an Indian chef who created a home made mint chip ice cream with real mint (I think he used the Japanese variant)....... Best I ever tasted.

Sadly the restaurant had very little else going for it and closed about a year ago.....but man oh man, that ice cream was the best!!!

I'm a Stewarts guy... can't seem to drive by one without stopping for a cone.....

T2x 12-16-2010 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by GORT (Post 3276270)
I'm a Stewarts guy... can't seem to drive by one without stopping for a cone.....

I'll try it....I limit myself to one ice cream per month...my addiction reached almost a gallon a day on Football sundays at one time, but my cholesterol levels can't take that anymore.

Those were the days prowling the streets at night...begging each passerby..."Hey Buddy can you spare a cone?"

Knot 4 Me 12-16-2010 02:36 PM

I had an Irish Setter in the 70's that stalked the local Dairy Bell (small town Dairy Queen) waiting to liberate an unsuspecting child of their vanilla cone (chocolate soft serve, it would seem, had not yet been invented).

Twin O/B Sonic 12-16-2010 03:11 PM

Some more tid bit's from your.........

Uncle T and friends
:lolhit:PS, V's are better than cat's in rough water.

1984 Don Aronow splits a 28 Cigarette lengthwise joins the halves with a tunnel and makes the second worst cat of all time. (Later he split a 39 footer and makes the worst.)

From Philip-
the point I was trying to make was, most of these frivolous Law Suits are brought on by boat operators that are ignorant in the limitations of the boat they are operating, or just plain reckless operation of a 6000 or 7000 pound boat, traveling at 100 MPH.

Plenty of good quality builders have been put out of business by Judge and Juries that have ruled “Boat flipped bad design, pay a zillion dollars”.

From Tomcat-
I've got a better idea, write a script. I'm getting a little tired of the offshore race coverage "formula" anyway.

An offshore "biography" type show would take a lot more effort to produce, but it would help build the fan base by explaining the background of the sport. "Todays racers are standing on the shoulders of giants"...that kind of thing. Let's do this before guys like T2x lose their memory from years of hard landings and two stroke fumes!

Uncle T-
I can't take the west coast cat's seriously. It's a "California thing" I guess. Pretty graphics and not much else.... except rave reviews in Powerboat.