Like Tree0Likes

43 Nortech vs. 46 Cig. RR

Reply
Old 12-23-2010, 10:59 PM
  #41
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat rate View Post
drive them both and buy what you like! as long as its not a outerlimits you will be happy!!!
You say that because?
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:08 PM
  #42
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
fastoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
My Boats: 38 cigarette
Posts: 466
Default

Prob because hes a beginner! some people dont understand the OL. I love em! lots more fun to drive than all the rest!
fastoys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:31 PM
  #43
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 36 Concept / Y2K Superboat/39 Nor-Tech/. 40 MTI
Posts: 1,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastoys View Post
Prob because hes a beginner! some people dont understand the OL. I love em! lots more fun to drive than all the rest!
No I can understand where he is coming from, I did not like the epoxy built boat that I went for a ride in from OL.You heard every little ripple of water you hit.Never would own onefor that reason. Love the way they look though. But I think the question was about the 43 Nor-tech and the 46 Cig.

Last edited by boating37; 12-23-2010 at 11:33 PM.
boating37 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:10 AM
  #44
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastoys View Post
Prob because hes a beginner! some people dont understand the OL. I love em! lots more fun to drive than all the rest!
Kind words from a Cig guy. Never hear that from a Fountain owner lol.
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:17 AM
  #45
Gold Member
Gold Member
Trade Score: (2)
 
kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,348
Default

I love these threads!
kreed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:25 AM
  #46
Registered
 
SS930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: At the office.
My Boats: 1990 Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 6,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreed View Post
I love these threads!
Me too, but you have to throw some gas on the fire every so often.
SS930 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:28 AM
  #47
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreed View Post
I love these threads!
I do also..

All 3 good boats, the best in the industry, built for different purposes. The difference's in the NT with Speedmasters vs bravos.. angle of attack is improved, and if semi stagged that also improves the ride. Fact: Cockpit and headroom is by far the most...Then you have to look at customer service, for me that seals the deal.. I can comment that I dont care for the epoxy boats and am told that the new grid system is better, but time will tell, and I will check them out when ready, for now NorTech is the winner in my book...
Attached Thumbnails
43 Nortech vs. 46 Cig. RR-5214415489_0c9e82d289_o.jpg  
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:34 AM
  #48
Registered
 
SS930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: At the office.
My Boats: 1990 Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 6,684
Default

Yeah, I don't care for ultra light weight high tech composites either when it comes to my ultra high performance stuff. Super light weight, rigid, and strong materials have no place in the performance arena. I like my cars, planes, boats, etc to be as heavy, sluggish, and dead feeling as possible. I prefer the much easier, cheaper, weaker, and heavier feel of straight up poured resin. I understand Ferrari is going to start building their F1 cars out of cast iron and poured resin next year so they sound better when you rap on the bodywork...

Last edited by SS930; 12-24-2010 at 08:54 AM.
SS930 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:50 AM
  #49
Gold Member
Gold Member
Trade Score: (2)
 
kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS930 View Post
Yeah, I don't care for ultra light weight high tech composites either when it comes to my ultra high performance stuff. Super light weight, rigid, and strong materials have no place in the performance arena. I like my cars, planes, boats, etc to be as heavy, sluggish, and dead feeling as possible. I prefer the much easier, cheaper, weaker, and heavier feel of straight up poured resin. I understand Ferrari is going to start building their F1 cars out of cast iron and poured resin next year so they sound better when you rap on the bodywork...
Im with you scot. I could of bought a New OL, but I prefer the old school lay ups more than that new fengled crap. Thats why I bought the ol' 82 vintage hull. Its MUCH nicer. I actually took a 150 ft. Skater for a test ride........didnt like it. Nope, Im back where I belong.
kreed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:23 AM
  #50
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
seafordguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seaford, VA
My Boats: Cigarette - Cafe Racer
Posts: 3,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
This thread just got derailed......according to Ciggy fans the "crapper in the middle of the cabin" is a fine design.....never to be improved from 1988!
No - in 1988 they had it figured out. The Bathroom was enclosed and the even threw in a cooler and a sink to boot....

I wish I had this decision to make - personally there is no doubt the 46 has the look, but it would be hard for me to pass up the luxury of the Nortech.
seafordguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.