Like Tree0Likes

43 Nortech vs. 46 Cig. RR

Old 12-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Registered

My Boats: 98 NORTECH 5000V

My boys that we would go out with were allways good to me, I never pay a bar tab they allways filled the coolers and would wash the boat down both before we went out and after back up on the lift. The girls with them and my wife did a good job of keeeping the inside clean because they knew the hours I would spend working on it and the cost they saw at the pump when I would fill the 500 gal. tank but I never asked for a dime it was more of a your money is no good with us from my friends.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member
Trade Score: (2)

Nice group of friends.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Registered

Yes they are, funny story one of the first times I took out a way non boater and the frst stop was a fuel stop and I had two fills for just one big tank so I have two pumps running and we are cleaning and putting stuff away and the guy starts yelling that I must have a hole in the tank because he looked up when the pumps cut off at like 993.2 dollars each I looked up and said they were just below 1/2 when we started he allmost started to cry.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd be crying as well

Any way we can slide a 5.0 and a kicker in that Nortech?
Old 12-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Lip-Ship- Grafikworx Glad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapseofReason View Post
Yes they are, funny story one of the first times I took out a way non boater and the frst stop was a fuel stop and I had two fills for just one big tank so I have two pumps running and we are cleaning and putting stuff away and the guy starts yelling that I must have a hole in the tank because he looked up when the pumps cut off at like 993.2 dollars each I looked up and said they were just below 1/2 when we started he allmost started to cry.
I always love it when someone offers to pay for gas when I am filling it up. Naturally, I decline and they are horrified/relieved when they see the final bill that they almost had to pay.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Registered

My Boats: 24 Baja Outlaw SST, LOOKING for nice 29 Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
I always love it when someone offers to pay for gas when I am filling it up. Naturally, I decline and they are horrified/relieved when they see the final bill that they almost had to pay.
LOL!!! I dont have ANYWHERE near the kind of killer boats you guys do, but, I too have "been there" having the non boater friend who PROUDLY pulls out $20 when you hit the gas dock and says "here, put this in"

I had a buddy show up last year at the cottage for a weekend of boating with a 5 gallon jerry can full of fuel, I told him that it would probably be better to use it to start the bonfires, LOL!

Back on topic, have you considered a used "Statement"? there build quality seems pretty good? Cigarette or Nortech? For a regular fella like me, well, thats like asking:
"Scarlett Johansen" or "Kate Beckinsale" I personally cant imagine having either, but, I would be pretty happy regardless! LOL

Michael
Old 12-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member
Trade Score: (2)

My Bullet was 600.00+ to fill. (Sold) But same w/ me....everybody shocked to see fuel bills. Especially cause I put 100+ hrs on it last year! Everybodys was happy when I say "you fill the cooler, Ill fill the tank!"
Old 12-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 43SC ...............Black Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreed View Post
My Bullet was 600.00+ to fill. (Sold) But same w/ me....everybody shocked to see fuel bills. Especially cause I put 100+ hrs on it last year! Everybodys was happy when I say "you fill the cooler, Ill fill the tank!"
Kreed, i can personally say that i have lost track of the $$$ ive thrown into you excalibur.....
Old 12-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreed View Post
Im with you scot. I could of bought a New OL, but I prefer the old school lay ups more than that new fengled crap. Thats why I bought the ol' 82 vintage hull. Its MUCH nicer. I actually took a 150 ft. Skater for a test ride........didnt like it. Nope, Im back where I belong.
I think he was being a little sarcastic...
Old 12-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Registered

But all that cost seems worth it when you push the sticks forward or when hot chicks are playing nake oil twister on the sun pad. Hey Kreed I was thinking of buying that 40 you got I was going to make two filler pads for the back pad that would make t twister board for when rafting up and stow them when running.