Notices

WTF is up with F2?

Old 05-22-2002, 05:02 PM
Boat Girl

Hey Joe- I guess you can come on kinda strong, but I think thats part of your charm...LOL...but I am with you pony up and plunk down the cash...protest, go thru the teardown...I guess Steve David put up 25K to prove the point, but the offer was declined...and the post disappeared...This is a tough situation, and it reminds me of, you can please some of the people most of the time and most of the people some of the time, but you cant please everybody, so what is the greater good here...while you are at it, can you tell me the meaning of life...

Old 05-22-2002, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rico,

actually as i said the super v lights in no time willl be able to do 110. you have to realize sbi's f2 is the same as our super v light.

no x dimension rule, any type of prop, staggred motors, dry exhaust and can pick up the water anywware.

but to go back to my original statement a long time ago most of those boats are cheating. as of right now the fastest a gladiator can run is 92 mph and that is with tres martin doing the setup. as of right now the only boat in triple digits is mitch millers boats. and it struggles to do that.

one last thing. is it possible your buddy was only running a true 90-95 and was not taking current into affect. i have had guy's running right next to me swore up and down that they were doing hundred on the gps but i knew it was wrong because top speed of my boat was 90 and there was a 10 - 12 mile current running the direction we were heading that day.

if non of those theory's work then it plain old cheating and that's why i don't run with carbonnel any longer. to many empty promises. i am still waiting for your dyno to show up. never happen.

Treadwell
Old 05-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Boat Girl
Hey Joe- I guess you can come on kinda strong, but I think thats part of your charm...LOL...but I am with you pony up and plunk down the cash...protest, go thru the teardown...I guess Steve David put up 25K to prove the point, but the offer was declined...and the post disappeared...This is a tough situation, and it reminds me of, you can please some of the people most of the time and most of the people some of the time, but you cant please everybody, so what is the greater good here...while you are at it, can you tell me the meaning of life...
Joe...what do you run top speed on radar or GPS?

Boat girl, as much as you seem to want this to be drawn into another APBA vs. SBI thing, and are crooning "what is the greater good?" Yes, I raced APBA. So What? I don't give a s#% to "plunk down the cash" to protest. How does that benefit me? I don't give a s%# about Steve David or his "$25G Challenge." I don't give a s#% about APBA vs SBI. If it were an APBA boat doing well into the 100s, I would be asking about that.

Here is why I'm interested...I am in the planning stages of buying another boat. I wanted it to be a cat. The number one reason why I wanted a cat, was because, as has been stated on this board time and again... when speed is the ultimate factor, dollar for dollar and HP for HP, the cat is the hands down clear choice.

In the light of my friend (a guy that has been racing for YEARS and knows set-up VERY well) in a 35' Motion which I have personally seen run 108 at Lake X, being passed by a vee (and it was a Gladiator that passed him NOT a Fountain...he only said he couldn't pull the Fountains) with supposedly the same power. Especially, when he can look in front of his nose and see the speed he is running by very accurate GPS.

Maybe I need to rethink my catamaran decision and look at a Vee (which I personally find more visually appealing) that has the same performance capabilities. That is my greater good and that is what I DO give a s#% about.
Old 05-22-2002, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Treadwellmotorsports
rico,

...to go back to my original statement a long time ago most of those boats are cheating. as of right now the fastest a gladiator can run is 92 mph and that is with tres martin doing the setup. as of right now the only boat in triple digits is mitch millers boats. and it struggles to do that.

...is it possible your buddy was only running a true 90-95 and was not taking current into affect...

Treadwell
Tread...the current thing shouldn't have an effect on a satellite system since the satellite would not pick up the current, maybe I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. But the GPS was consistent with what the boat usually does. Regardless, both crafts would have been in the same current and it would have effected the Vee more than the cat due to the drag coefficient slowing the Vee down more.

Did you see the post where I said that there was a Gladiator at Lake X TODAY running 100+. The same guy that was in the SCLite was there testing the Motion. He was talking to me on the phone as he was looking at the radar gun.

Also, I'm not an expert on the SBI rules, but, I thought even though they allowed staagered motors, they did have X-Dimension and prop rules, with a little more slack given than APBA. I thought I saw those rules on another thread.
Old 05-22-2002, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Let me try to explain in simple terms so everyone will understand. The start of the race F2-15 got a great start and was leading Little Reggie by about two lengths. Gary Ballough left like gangbusters with another S boat in hot persuit leaving the fleet. Reggie began to overtake us and reported later that he saw 100 on his GPS. The most we seen was 95. He entered the first turn with Gary on the outside. Reggie had steering problems and could not hold the turn. Steven David was on our inside but slowed before turn one and we turned under Reggie and came out of turn two with the lead. We never seen 100 on the GPS but as far as a F2 boat running 100 it is very possible. I offer to you that Bennie Robertson ran 95 and some change two years ago in Washington NC at the APBA event. Last year Utz ran 94 and some change with a low x-dimension. Since then 5-blade Herrings and Hydromotive props have come along plus lighter weights. staggered engines, and new step bottoms which allow the boat to run lighter in the water. Is Reggie cheating? I do not know. Is Mitch MIller cheating? I do not know, but he told me himself that he ran 98 MPH in Marathon this past weekend with CRE engines. As far as the times are concerned, Like I stated in a earlier post that the course was changed by the Coast Guard and the times ARE NOT correct. The course was shorter than the 5.9 miles that was told to us at the drivers meeting. It takes x amount of time to run the course, if the course is shorter and you do not factor that in to the equation the speeds will be faster. As Treadwell stated Test,Test,Test is the only way to find the fastest way to drive, throddle, and TURN the boat. Going around aturn 5-8 MPH faster than your competition makes up alot of time. The fastest boat does not always win the race. Handling and set- up always wins over top speed. How many times does a better handling car win over the fastest one? Or better yet the winner in a drag race it is the quickest not the fastest. If your friend sees 100 on his GPS, is he holding 100 or did he just see it for a instant? Steven Davids boat has been quoted as running 107 on the GPS, but that was in the Pamilico river in 30 degree weather, low fuel, high x-dim. but it will never run close to that in race conditions. Steven had a new driver in Fort Meyers(not Mike Seebold) and the boat was really flopping around until an electric problem claimed them. Racers running F2 always run at 110 percent (ask Treadwell) the Super V's are putting on a show seeing who will break ect. Comparing F2 to Super V is just a Dream and a bad one at that. I hope this will clear up some of the chin music on this post.
Old 05-22-2002, 06:46 PM
Registered

well then i go back to what isaid. to have a gladiater do triple gidgits he has more than 1000 hp.

Treadwell
Old 05-22-2002, 06:51 PM
Registered

hummmm...i run about 23 mph but if i drop the damn thing and picture tread chasing me it think i could pick-up 1 or 2....that takes into acount the he scares me and the poor cg the unit produces....i would love to try some new kickers to offset my poor cf....see, i can be honest and tell it like it is

thanks for the comp BG

hummmmmmmmmmm,,, the meaning of life???...we'll talk BG!!LOL
Old 05-22-2002, 06:53 PM
Registered

nyspeeddemon, as roger stated above and i did before the super v's always have that kind of lap speed. you can't push them or they will break IE( everbody but musscle broke.) hence lower speed since your not running againts anybody. could an f2 beet a super. yes under the right conditions. i can turn my f2 ten times tighter at full speed then any super v. he might be faster on the straight away but i would catch him in the turn. plus all the course don't even allow you to get to top speed. you have to turn before you hit it.

Treadwell
Old 05-22-2002, 06:54 PM
Registered

Originally posted by audacity
hummmm...i run about 23 mph but if i drop the damn thing and picture tread chasing me it think i could pick-up 1 or 2....that takes into acount the he scares me and the poor cg the unit produces....i would love to try some new kickers to offset my poor cf....
LMAO!!
Old 05-23-2002, 09:41 AM
Boat Girl

Rico- I'm sorry that was meant to be a joke, I dont want this to be another SBI APBA thing, that is old really old...And I am just trying to get you some answers, I'm not trying to be a "B"...I was just trying to lighten the mood and joke with Joe, sorry if I offended...not my intention...Friends???

Quick Reply: WTF is up with F2?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.