Notices

Ethics Question

Old 03-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Just keepin it real!

In this case the lack of detail was pertinent to the estimate given, thanks for posting the details.

Go get em I say!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:19 AM
MES
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Wow. I totally change my opinion based on Wilds first post. Based on this, I'd go after them hard. I would not divuldge thier name on here as they may be able to twist it into some kind of a legal deal. But, you could certainly post pictures of the damage, along with pics of the before and after of the logos. Show the PBB logos and the ones that replaced them so that we can get a better feel for the damages done.

When you loan something out, you take the risk of having it returned with damage. Yes, I was disappointed when it didn't show on the 2nd, but extremely pissed when we didn't even know where it was until the 14th. I just can't believe it was returned like this without even a phone call explaining the situation. The only communication was on the 16th via text telling me where the trailer was and. "I owe you one, thanks". I can't speak for Wild but i can deal with the damages, what bothers me the most out of this whole deal is that he didn't once call, text, or email to say sorry. I would of even taken a $50 Outback gift certificate and a sorry rather than him basically telling me to go pound sand.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear you're in this position Randy.

You've got lots of opinions here already, but at the very least, if he ends up not paying for the damages, you should out them on OSO. You may not get YOUR money, but it will absolutely cost them a minimum of $7500 in lost business over time.

All it takes is one person changing their mind about doing business with them based on your experience. I know I wouldn't buy a dockline from them if I knew who if was, because you are a friend. There will be many more besides me that will add them to the "do not call" list as well, so in the end, you'll get some satisfaction even though it may not be in your wallet.

Ultimately, I hope they do the right thing & offer to fix your trailer.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Damn man, I'm sorry to hear you're in this position Randy.

You've got lots of opinions here already, but at the very least, if he ends up not paying for the damages, you should out them on OSO. You may not get YOUR money, but it will absolutely cost them a minimum of $7500 in lost business over time.

All it takes is one person changing their mind about doing business with them based on your experience. I know I wouldn't buy a dockline from them if I knew who if was, because you are a friend. There will be many more besides me that will add them to the "do not call" list as well, so in the end, you'll get some satisfaction even though it may not be in your wallet.

Ultimately, I hope they do the right thing & offer to fix your trailer.

If after all this they get the drift here and fix the trailer, it doesnt make them any better.

You are in a long line with people with a beef with that outfit.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
All of the custom PBB decals were removed from the trailer to add the "involved parties logos".

One Dexter torque axle

2 Semi trailer tires

3 Alcoa Wheels resurfaced

Fenders and skirts need re-painted and pin stripped

New Brake lines

Several broken welds from hitting every curb from MO to FL

The trailer was high centered and there are structural cracks on each side
step.

"involved party" completly removed all of the tilt bunks and altered them to fit his boat, they will have to be remade to fit MES 2 MTI's and Speedy.

Storage compartments had hinges and locks drilled into place.

Alot of paint work needs to be done........
WOW, you guys are a lot more relaxed and forgiving than I am... I'd be beating down that guys door the second they didn't return the trailer back on time, never mind all that damage! And to alter the trailer for their boat too????????? I'd be beating someone's head in after all of that!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by getchasum111
sounds like that dip $hit from LOTO that has a 40 Skater huh
While it may sound like a Darr story, I dont think he had anything to do with this...
Old 03-09-2011, 10:51 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

All I can say is wow....

What is it about this "sport" that seems to attract such despicable actions? I think everyone would agree that when you borrow something, you bring it back the way you found it and if you can't, you pay to fix/replace it. To treat someone else's stuff like that and not man up and do the right thing is just sad.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Good point Unc, When we going to swap old ladies for a weekend? Take a few video's and put them on the hunting chanel or wild world of sports.
Hardware only VV - no exchange of "wetware"

..although I always bring enough for everyone you gotta work that angle yourself.

Uncle Dave
Attached Thumbnails Ethics Question-img_0480a.jpg   Ethics Question-library-6014.jpg   Ethics Question-naci.jpg  

Ethics Question-dsc07169.jpg  
Old 03-09-2011, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
Who is it... The suspense is killing me
+1
Old 03-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Not only do you damage the trailer but you modify it without permission? Then return it still modified and damaged? Unbelievable. They need to be outed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.