"Dyno Exploring the 502 EFI" from Hot Boat >

"Dyno Exploring the 502 EFI" from Hot Boat

Notices

"Dyno Exploring the 502 EFI" from Hot Boat

Old 03-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by CAL MAN
I did a few projects with Jeff Koerner back then in the early days of MEFI 1 very nice to work with. Marine efi has come a long way since then. Great power from that manifold mod still works today.
I would think that you could purchase a performance intake and heads now for less money than all of that machining work.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I would think that you could purchase a performance intake and heads now for less money than all of that machining work.
Much less and better. Just saying if you keep the mpi manifold the mods are well worth the work
Old 03-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered

Hot Boat was my favorite performance boating magazine.

I sure do miss it.

I learned a lot from reading it.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
This is the four part series as printed in Hot Boat magazine from Jan to April, 1997. I'll start with part 1:

Damn whered the article go!
Old 04-10-2018, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I know that this is a SUPER OLD thread, but any chance someone has the articles still?
Old 04-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spazz
I know that this is a SUPER OLD thread, but any chance someone has the articles still?
I may still have the old magazines. I followed this back then and built a motor based on it. The guys name was Gary Knox If my memory serves me correctly, Speedstar Marine in AZ. If I can't find the article I do have all the specs. if that's what you are looking for. 502 MPI + 0.30, aluminum heads, 1.8 rockers, I think the lift was 648 on the Ultradyne cam, intake work and so on. Let me know if I can help.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAPTOR1

I may still have the old magazines. I followed this back then and built a motor based on it. The guys name was Gary Knox If my memory serves me correctly, Speedstar Marine in AZ. If I can't find the article I do have all the specs. if that's what you are looking for. 502 MPI + 0.30, aluminum heads, 1.8 rockers, I think the lift was 648 on the Ultradyne cam, intake work and so on. Let me know if I can help.
Wanted to read through the article. I might be looking to upgrade next winter and wanted to see what was out there for the MPI. If you can't find it..specs are all I need.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spazz
Wanted to read through the article. I might be looking to upgrade next winter and wanted to see what was out there for the MPI. If you can't find it..specs are all I need.
With the factory manifold I dont think theres is alot of room for improvement. Best move would be decent cam, A decent set of heads, and convert it to a EFI manifold like this Pro-Flo
Old 04-10-2018, 10:58 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

https://www.offshoreonly.com/article...om-stock-power
We've come up with a pretty good formula to balance cost vs power
Old 04-10-2018, 11:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
https://www.offshoreonly.com/article...om-stock-power
We've come up with a pretty good formula to balance cost vs power
Is this the son Johnny I met in Bimini last year? at the gas dock filling up buddies 32 Fountain that was one of the pace boats for the day

Im in the middle of putting LS engines in my Donzi, maybe I should do something with the heads/cam on the 502MPI engines I pulled out and throw on the engine dyno. What kind of air/fuel and timing do you guys usually run on those things, Im sure alot lazier than we do on our street/drag race stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.