Notices

Boat Pix

Old 04-11-2011, 06:27 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Got some by email after filling the app. on their website last year, looked like this...

No Cost for that I guess you can order then.

http://www.boatpix.com/
Attached Thumbnails Boat Pix-azimut.marco-fl.46.19.jpg   Boat Pix-azimut.marco-fl.46.21.jpg   Boat Pix-azimut.marco-fl.46.04.jpg  

Boat Pix-azimut.marco-fl.46.08.jpg   Boat Pix-azimut.marco-fl.46.01www.jpg  
Old 04-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I overpaid for their pictures that are ok quality and would not recommend them to anyone. They were very difficult to deal with thoughout the entire process.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered

Those look good and if they email those just for inquiring that's great. They let you see what's available and the watermarks are understandable. I like the bottom two the most and would probably buy those if they were of my boat. Now if you order them and the actual print is of low quality that's another story but it doesn't sound like that was the issue. What would be better is if by purchasing the pic you'd get the actual digital file...
Old 04-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mlb75
Those look good and if they email those just for inquiring that's great. They let you see what's available and the watermarks are understandable. I like the bottom two the most and would probably buy those if they were of my boat. Now if you order them and the actual print is of low quality that's another story but it doesn't sound like that was the issue. What would be better is if by purchasing the pic you'd get the actual digital file...
You cannot get the digital file for one picture. You have to buy the entire digital file which is $1000.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:41 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
You cannot get the digital file for one picture. You have to buy the entire digital file which is $1000.
I guaranty you I did not pay a dime for those. I don't know if they changed their way however it was a year or two ago.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
I guaranty you I did not pay a dime for those. I don't know if they changed their way however it was a year or two ago.
The ones you have posted still have their watermark. They will send you those for no charge to review. If you want to purchase the digital files w/o the watermark they will charge you $1000. If you plan on printing a lot of pictures it is probably ok.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:23 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
If you want to purchase the digital files w/o the watermark they will charge you $1000.
WOW !!!

I would hope they would be at the best quality for that $$$$

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mlb75
Not to be a naysayer or conscience police but to order the pics and then take pics or scan them and send back the originals to avoid paying for them is a little low. Ever run a helicopter or airplane? It's not cheap, and if people don't buy the pics or scam them it only makes the price of the pics go up for those that want them. Now if you order the pics and they aren't decent quality then sure send them back with a clear conscience, they shouldn't be trying to sell low quality pics for top dollar but if it's a good pic and you want it pay the guy...
Thats just it. They don't give you a way to preview before going through their hassle. It seems like their business plan is to make money off the people either too lazy to send them back or get them for fees when they are late.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Dean. Run like heII. Some time ago, I bought a few pictures, sent the rest back, didn't get all the credit, pics were waaaaay to much $. hard people to deal with. You have to buy first, pay to ship them back, loose all or some of your return credit. I won't do business with them. Helos are costly, yes, but there is better and more professional way to do this. That's just me, but.."each, their own". You decide.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Dean. Run like heII. Some time ago, I bought a few pictures, sent the rest back, didn't get all the credit, pics were waaaaay to much $. hard people to deal with. You have to buy first, pay to ship them back, loose all or some of your return credit. I won't do business with them. Helos are costly, yes, but there is better and more professional way to do this. That's just me, but.."each, their own". You decide.
I'm not going to send them any info that's for sure. Besides, I know how handsome I am already, regardless if I'm in 1 of our boats or not, just ask my lovely wife!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.