Like Tree0Likes

Boat Pix

Reply
Old 04-11-2011, 07:27 PM
  #11
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default

Got some by email after filling the app. on their website last year, looked like this...

No Cost for that I guess you can order then.

http://www.boatpix.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Boat Pix-azimut.marco-fl.46.19.jpg   Boat Pix-azimut.marco-fl.46.21.jpg   Boat Pix-azimut.marco-fl.46.04.jpg  

Boat Pix-azimut.marco-fl.46.08.jpg   Boat Pix-azimut.marco-fl.46.01www.jpg  
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
  #12
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 683
Default

I overpaid for their pictures that are ok quality and would not recommend them to anyone. They were very difficult to deal with thoughout the entire process.
Enough 4 Play is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:26 PM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
My Boats: 32 Skater
Posts: 421
Default

Those look good and if they email those just for inquiring that's great. They let you see what's available and the watermarks are understandable. I like the bottom two the most and would probably buy those if they were of my boat. Now if you order them and the actual print is of low quality that's another story but it doesn't sound like that was the issue. What would be better is if by purchasing the pic you'd get the actual digital file...
mlb75 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:30 PM
  #14
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb75 View Post
Those look good and if they email those just for inquiring that's great. They let you see what's available and the watermarks are understandable. I like the bottom two the most and would probably buy those if they were of my boat. Now if you order them and the actual print is of low quality that's another story but it doesn't sound like that was the issue. What would be better is if by purchasing the pic you'd get the actual digital file...
You cannot get the digital file for one picture. You have to buy the entire digital file which is $1000.
Enough 4 Play is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:41 PM
  #15
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play View Post
You cannot get the digital file for one picture. You have to buy the entire digital file which is $1000.
I guaranty you I did not pay a dime for those. I don't know if they changed their way however it was a year or two ago.
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:56 PM
  #16
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
I guaranty you I did not pay a dime for those. I don't know if they changed their way however it was a year or two ago.
The ones you have posted still have their watermark. They will send you those for no charge to review. If you want to purchase the digital files w/o the watermark they will charge you $1000. If you plan on printing a lot of pictures it is probably ok.
Enough 4 Play is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 PM
  #17
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member
 
SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Sharkey-Images.com
Posts: 19,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play View Post
If you want to purchase the digital files w/o the watermark they will charge you $1000.
WOW !!!

I would hope they would be at the best quality for that $$$$
__________________
www.TimSharkey.com/

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
SHARKEY-IMAGES is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:27 AM
  #18
Registered
Trade Score: (2)
 
TxHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas
My Boats: Excalibur 27 Flat Deck Restomod
Posts: 2,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb75 View Post
Not to be a naysayer or conscience police but to order the pics and then take pics or scan them and send back the originals to avoid paying for them is a little low. Ever run a helicopter or airplane? It's not cheap, and if people don't buy the pics or scam them it only makes the price of the pics go up for those that want them. Now if you order the pics and they aren't decent quality then sure send them back with a clear conscience, they shouldn't be trying to sell low quality pics for top dollar but if it's a good pic and you want it pay the guy...
Thats just it. They don't give you a way to preview before going through their hassle. It seems like their business plan is to make money off the people either too lazy to send them back or get them for fees when they are late.
TxHawk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:42 AM
  #19
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
PARADOX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Florida
My Boats: Formula 272 Sold, 26 Infinity, 4 sale, 08-33' Avanti 4SALE
Posts: 2,697
Default

Dean. Run like heII. Some time ago, I bought a few pictures, sent the rest back, didn't get all the credit, pics were waaaaay to much $. hard people to deal with. You have to buy first, pay to ship them back, loose all or some of your return credit. I won't do business with them. Helos are costly, yes, but there is better and more professional way to do this. That's just me, but.."each, their own". You decide.
PARADOX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:50 AM
  #20
Charter Member
Charter Member
Thread Starter
 
Dean Ferry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Merritt Is. Fl. USA
My Boats: 2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
Posts: 6,580
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARADOX View Post
Dean. Run like heII. Some time ago, I bought a few pictures, sent the rest back, didn't get all the credit, pics were waaaaay to much $. hard people to deal with. You have to buy first, pay to ship them back, loose all or some of your return credit. I won't do business with them. Helos are costly, yes, but there is better and more professional way to do this. That's just me, but.."each, their own". You decide.
I'm not going to send them any info that's for sure. Besides, I know how handsome I am already, regardless if I'm in 1 of our boats or not, just ask my lovely wife!
__________________
Everything is for sale @ a certain $$
Dean Ferry is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.