Like Tree0Likes

I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Banned

My Boats: 40 SKATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeman111 View Post
The boat was delivered with fried impellers back in Oct. They were replaced. I boated a few days. I hit rocks and was able to cruise back to dock 8 miles with no issue. It went back to dealer for rock hitting repairs then. They said impellers were fried. They installed new ones again. They redelivered this Spring. Within less than a mile, i have a boat full of smoke. I thought ac unit since i had no alarms and normal gauge readings. I limped into dock on one engine. 2 weeks go by and I start it and pull away from docks. It overheats again. So i investigate but still i have 15 psi. It sinks partially after i returned luckily to slip. A different dealer saves it from sinking further and raises it. They tow it to their place and pull the impellers. They say the impeller is intact but theres old rubber pieces blocking the outlet. I'm thinking enough water passed to give me pressure but couldnt cool it ? I don't know but the whole impeller story is right here.
dayum Bro sounds like you got the short end of the stick , hope it all gets worked out in the end .. be carefull in Illinois i believe Parker had some probs as well cost him in excess of 30K ,see ya at party cove maybe they'll have ya all fixed up by the river thunder run and they'll toss ya a complimentary registration and at least there close by if sumtim happens to the fontain ... see ya there

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ameter-6s.html

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 04-23-2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spelign
Old 04-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2003 Fountain 38 EC ..... 2010 Dodge Ram Cummins..... 2008 Dodge Ram Cummins..... 2005 Cadillac STS

Due to doubt trying to be put into this I need to make another comment. I guess it is circumstantial but : The original owner had service done to this boat September 2, 2004. It was supposedly totaled September 18, 2004. 16 days after last record of service. In July 2005 this guy goes to same dealer and orders a brand new 2006 Fountain 38 EC. Same boat but new. However the thing is, he bought with NO trade in. Fairly obvious. Now if he'd just answer the phone, I might know for sure.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2003 Fountain 38 EC ..... 2010 Dodge Ram Cummins..... 2008 Dodge Ram Cummins..... 2005 Cadillac STS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1 View Post
dayum Bro sounds like you got the short end of the stick , hope it all gets worked out in the end .. be carefull in Illinois i believe Parker had some probs as well cost him in excess of 30K ,see ya at party cove

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ameter-6s.html
OK . I'd love to hook up in party cove and chat. I was wondering if I could indeed stop postiing. Guess not... LMFAO
Old 04-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Registered

My Boats: 42 Fountain 700's , 42 MTI 1000's , 42 Fountain 900's , 41 Velocity 900's , 30 Velocity 750's , 33 Fountain 630's

A couple of weeks ago I asked the title company doing the transfer for the bank on a boat I was selling about this issue . She did not know of a way to search a title on a boat for damages . Explained that it's not like a auto title where it is documented in the paperwork . Great to have this link to check out , we should have something like a carfax product for boats .
Old 04-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Registered

Wow. Now I'm receiving threats.. This is waaaay too fun to quit. Apparently it's a no no to post your comments on someone else's thread

Last edited by dodgeman111; 04-23-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Registered

My Boats: 05 35 Fountain EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeman111 View Post
Wow. Now I'm receiving threats.. This is waaaay too fun to quit. Apparently it's a no no to post your comments on someone else's thread
Who threatened you,and why?Which post/what thread?Telling only part of the story is what caused this thread to turn on you in the first place.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
Who threatened you,and why?Which post/what thread?Telling only part of the story is what caused this thread to turn on you in the first place.
I didn't know it turned on me. It's just different opinions. Read the very first one. I asked a simple question. The dealer introduced himself. I wasn't even going to talk about the sinking issue. Look back a few posts and you'll see everything that happened leading up to the sinking. As far as telling part of the story it came out slowly as the thread went on. It's really too long. I'd have to write a book. There's more issues then I even put on here now. Maybe they'll be a new thread

P.S. My wife and I have a salvaged boat. It sank on us due to faulty repairs " in my opinion ". All we wanted was compensation for what we feel is right.

Last edited by dodgeman111; 04-23-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered

sorry to hear about your boat, thats a shame if it went down because of ice in the water lines. Was winterizing not offered by the servicing dealership? You said no alarms and temp gauges looked fine, what were the engine temps at? Wierd that while ruinning you noticed a burning smell and thought it was the heater unit, wouldn't that be a concern of yours? If i was on a boat / car / in a house and smelled something burning i would stop what i was doing immediately and find out what is wrong! Hopefully it all works out and you get back to boating.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Registered

My Boats: 03 PowerQuest 300 Revenge

I will say you had better truly trust who is working on your boat because there are some who really dont know what they are doing and think they do. I drive out of my way to have my work done and have never had a problem. The one time I went local to have a water pump replaced, they had loosened some hose clamps back by the exhaust for some odd reason and didnt tighten back up and then we were on the river and the bildge pump wouldnt stop running, so we cut our day short drive out of our way to our trusted dealer to have it fixed. Even though I should have took it back to the other and had them make it right, I dont give people the chance to screw me twice. I will pay the ones I trust to do it right.

And it is odd to me that this is very similar to parts of your story, just I caught ours before real trouble hit and we keep on trailer to.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
sorry to hear about your boat, thats a shame if it went down because of ice in the water lines. Was winterizing not offered by the servicing dealership? You said no alarms and temp gauges looked fine, what were the engine temps at? Wierd that while ruinning you noticed a burning smell and thought it was the heater unit, wouldn't that be a concern of yours? If i was on a boat / car / in a house and smelled something burning i would stop what i was doing immediately and find out what is wrong! Hopefully it all works out and you get back to boating.
Thanks. I did stop and shut completely down. I sat there for quite a while and it cleared out fast. I was within sight distance of my slip so I idled to it. I was almost the only boat on the lake and the water was 42 degrees. You can only last 10 minutes in that water. And the gauges showed ok..No buzzers. IDK either...

Additionally , I doubt the issue was ice in the line. Winterizing was offered but I declined due to 70+ weather. It stormed overnight and was 28 at delivery..crazy.. The passages were clogged with old rubber pieces but the impeller that was in there was still intact..( AS I'm told by new dealer ) The rubber must have been left in there.
Attached Thumbnails
I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing-untitled-2.png  

Last edited by dodgeman111; 04-23-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: add pic
Closed Thread