I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing >

I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing

Notices

I was sold a salvaged boat without knowing

Old 04-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Have a great Easter

Per the customer was running boat at 190 degrees when smoke and a burning rubber smell was coming out of engine compartment and claimed he thought it was his heater unit. (This was reported by owner to my service manager). Not sure what really happened?

Once boat was taken to Kelly's Port we suggested he pickle the motors and generator right away and then we were later told the boat was basically fixed before the adjuster came to look at it.

If we did something wrong, we would fess up to it but there are so many un-answered questions like why there was a two week period we heard nothing but he says the problem started when he left our driver at dock. I think you can see based on all these post if there was smoke coming out of engine compartment when he pulled away from dock when we delivered he would have let us know right away instead we here about it more than two weeks later and now there is a impeller in boat that is like new and remnants of a basically new impeller in the housing with it. In most cases if you run a boat so hot that the bellows melt and the headers turn brown it has been going on sometime and the impeller inside would have been toast again. Sorry we offered to winterize and you declined. It's not easy being a dealer but we do the best we can.

Chad, I applaud your efforts to beat me up on this thread and see that you seem to live here, your phone, text and Facebook. Maybe after it is fixed you will apply some common sense to use of your boat and this would most likely not happen again.

I really think the big problem here is Chad was told after his boat sunk that it was previously totaled or salvaged back in 2004 and we cannot confirm that. We have spoke to customer who traded it in and he knows nothing regarding this either. We have worked with Chad daily to help answer his questions. If there is good news, it did not submerge 100% and it was freshwater, not salt.

Hope you all have a great Easter and that Chad and I can sort out in future.

Regards,

Scott Shogren
www.teamshogren.com

Last edited by TeamShogren.com; 04-23-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeman111
I bought my boat from a reputable dealer and later found out it was totaled when it was one year old. The dealer and I are unable to reach a settlement. Will my boat be worth much less now that I'll have to disclose it as salvaged if and when I sell it?
Legally, at least in NJ, if a boat sank it needs to be recorded as such. Would the lemon law come into effect?

With that being said, I know a few boats that have sunk and they're better boats today than then were brand new. Still, it it really sank it should have been disclosed in my opinion unless the dealer didn't know themselves.

Last edited by Panther; 04-23-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Registered

Default Good point

Good point, the boat sank after we sold it and when Chad ran it on rocks last fall it did NOT sink and there was no structural damage done to it. The pictures posted by us earlier were after we went thru boat and added bottom paint so he could leave in water at his slip.

We have no reason at this time to believe this boat ever sunk previously and we were informed this am of a gov't site we can contact Monday to get more information which we plan to do to help.

Have a Great Easter.

Scott Shogren

Originally Posted by Panther
Legally, at least in NJ, if a boat sank it needs to be recorded as such. Would the lemon law come into effect?

With that being said, I know a few boats that have sunk and they're better boats today than then were brand new. Still, it it really sank it should have been disclosed in my opinion unless the dealer didn't know themselves.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Registered

It's funny how threads like this go full circle.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott. You also rebuilt drives. As soon as i pulled off your trailer , i couldn't shift portside into gear. You told me it was a melted cable. I overheated within minutes. If you think about these two things, it seems you might have overheated the boat before it was even redelivered to me. Idk. But it's a thought. I'm being 100% honest and threatening me is not working with me. You are the person texting first and sending private messages to me and anyone disagreeing with you.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and as I said numerous times, i parked the boat and didnt use it for 2 weeks. I said I thought the issue was ac unit since my gauges were fine and no warning went off.

I'm just repeating now. It's going to be very interesting how this all turns out

Last edited by dodgeman111; 04-23-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Registered

Default Have a great weekend, I am done posting on this subject.

Chad,

The drive was bad and you never told me but you text, email and call all the time and any questions you have and Kelly's Port felt a melted shifter cable was problem not drive. Have you ever confirmed? To my knowledge the boat has not even been in water since it sunk so I have to assume it has not been tested to see if it was the drive or melted cable.

Sorry, never wanted it to escalate to this point but it seems odd that we know about everything else except this two week period and that now the drive is bad, there was smoke coming out of engine compartment when we dropped off but you never told us instead continued to drive, overheated and sunk, c'mon Chad.

You can always call and I would prefer to handle between you and I if there is ever going to be any type of resolution but you seem to be having fun here and not sharing all the facts.

I am done posting on this subject and hope you have a great weekend.

Had you let me pick up boat you would have been boating three weeks ago, instead you got coached, received a quote for almost 30K to fix and now the boat still sits waiting for you to enjoy.

This thread started about a salvage question which has yet to be answered and if in fact it is true, we will help you anyway we can to address these parties.

Like I said, if I did something wrong, I will fee up to it.

Regards,

Scott Shogren

Originally Posted by dodgeman111
Scott. You also rebuilt drives. As soon as i pulled off your trailer , i couldn't shift portside into gear. You told me it was a melted cable. I overheated within minutes. If you think about these two things, it seems you might have overheated the boat before it was even redelivered to me. Idk. But it's a thought. I'm being 100% honest and threatening me is not working with me. You are the person texting first and sending private messages to me and anyone disagreeing with you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.