Notices

Kids & Powerboats

Old 06-04-2002, 02:23 AM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking And another

This is our grand prize winner (kids) picking up his new mountain bike.
Attached Thumbnails Kids & Powerboats-bike-winner-450.jpg  
Old 06-04-2002, 09:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

My two children started boating at about 6 mos. It's tough on my wife handling the kids while I handle the boat but we still have fun. I try to keep it under 50 MPH when the family is on board. My kids don't get scared but my wife does. Make sure you have plenty of sun screen. I have one of those "Anchor Shades" that I put up if I am going to be sitting for a while.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:29 AM
turbo2256

You guys are sooooo lucky

Old 06-04-2002, 09:56 AM
Eric1969

Great thread Sharkey,

I have 2 boys, one is almost 5 yrs. old and the other is a little over 1. The oldest one, Jake, loves to sit in the bow and has a blast. The smaller one can NOT stay wake when the boat moves. When we stop though, it is kinda a pain. Not very good balance with the waves hitting the boat. He is getting better though.

Suggestions-
Sunscreen, bimini top, toys, and a life jacket that won't choke the crap out of them. My wife got a great one that supports his head but doesn't choke him.

Let them "drive". My oldest has no middle ground. We either go really slow or he drops the throttle for some quick fun. Both boys love to "jump" wakes.

Old 06-04-2002, 10:10 AM
Charter Member #1251
Charter Member

Default GREAT POST!!

This post could not have come at a better time. We are due anytime now. Date is 6/14/02 but doc. says anyday. I was saying to my wife we can take the baby out in July. No fast running and it would be during the week with less traffic. She was not to keen on the idea. Keep the good posts coming so I can convice her.

Frank
Old 06-04-2002, 10:39 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't have any pictures of my Sons out boating BUT here is a photo of them at a recent MX race we attended.

Nick 11
Curt 9
Logan 7 (yeah, he is the one acting goofy)

All the boys love boating and have been a part of it since the day they were born. Our other boats were not as big and fast so we tended to take it easy. Of course now they are alittle older and realize how much fun boating can be in fact they are my key to getting a bigger faster boat. Mom has a hard time telling "the boys" slower is better . Most important thing any parent can do is give the kids swimming lessons so that they are not afraid of the water. I can't believe some of my Sons friends who are so afraid of the water it is mind boggling. If only those parnets knew, they would get the kids lessons and their fears would be over. It is much ieasier when they are young than at an older age.

Most of my boating is around inland lakes and rivers and not much big wave water so we are really never out in very dangerous conditions. I would keep the kids at home if we planned on a real nasty wet ride because as you mentioned, they would get turned off right away and may never want to go again.
Attached Thumbnails Kids & Powerboats-p2090632.jpg  
Old 06-04-2002, 11:23 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Too Old
We took our kids out from the beginning. I don't know what it is about the noise, but when they were young, it would seem to put them to sleep.

My father did the same. I really don't recall a summer without boats. Pass the passion on to your kids.
When my daughter was only one year old she was the same way. Start up the engine and ten minutes later she would be snoring. Maybe because it's only a 7.4 MPI LOL!!!
Old 06-04-2002, 11:37 AM
Uncle Toys

Default Kewl thread!

Your guys are killing me. My kids are 19 and 17. Hey Too Old, think we can trade them in or something? Best I can remember, they were 11 and 9 when we got started, so I missed all this kewl stuff. Guess I got to wait until the grandkids come along.

Phillip – “Boat Heads,” I like that! Dead Heads, Parrot Heads, Boat Heads. Storyline of my life. Maybe Jeffrey should work on a shirt with that theme.

LakeRacer – You have no idea how kewl that was for all those kids. You did an awesome job!

Old 06-04-2002, 11:45 AM
Registered

I had my first daughter out at 7 weeks old and second shortly after that. They love to boat and they are a joy to have with us. They are now 9 and 7 years old and drive pretty good. Wow, time flies!
Old 06-04-2002, 11:52 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took my daughter Autumn fo her first ride sunday....she's 6 months old and slept though most of the ride....liked everything but the life jacket, its a bit cumbersome. when she gets a little larger (over 30 lbs) you can get a swim suit with the floatation built in that is CoastGuard approved I think that will be better...

Quick Reply: Kids & Powerboats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.