Notices

Had My Truck Chipped

Old 06-06-2002, 11:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey guys I have a 2001 powerstroke f250. the crew cab 4x4. I already have a hypertech programmer on it and took the muffler off. I was wondering on the prices of some stuff like chips and exhaust. I have a friend that would by my Hypertech i think. Any info would be appreciated guys. Thanks Bobby
Old 06-06-2002, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BobbyB..

I sent you a PM
Old 06-06-2002, 01:33 PM
Gumbydammit

Default Real Motor for real power

If you want to really see something go, check out one of the Cummins B series tuned by Blue Chip in New Hampshire.

I got the chance to drive a 1999 Dodge with 480 HP at THE REAR TIRES! (This one pushes over 50psi out of the turbo)

Torque was right around 1,000 at the crank. You could get in trouble with this truck easily. Faster than any Mustang GT stock.

It has 200,000 miles on it and is driven daily. 5,000 retail worth of add-ons, including stainless header, bigger turbo housing and performance clutch....the first one, well, it kinda "popped"

The real deal was when it was full of Amsoil (4,000 lbs worth of it) and pulling a hill. Rolled the throttle on and WOW! feels like there is no load at all.

The trrick to a diesel cranking out this much HP is to make sure it stays cool. If you had a fire hydrant to keep it cool, you could push a Cummins to 800 HP.

I have seen the Power Jokes, but they dont do the trick....too bad Ford said no to CUmmins way back...I would like to see Ford have a real motor in thier truck for once. This Dodge gets 22 MPG with cruise on at 70 MPH. Never seen a Power Joke get even close to that.

Also, how much oil do you guys burn after about 50,000 miles? Nearly everyone I talk to says it sucks oil up, while the Cummins rarely consumes any.

Duramax is too new to tell yet, but they sure dont get good mileage. Allison/GM mating has certainly not gone smoothly either.
Nice truck to drive though for sure. Nearly silent.

I would love to have a Suburban or an Excursion with a Cummins in it. Too bad Dodge does not make a big SUV with that motor.

Why cant the small truck makers act like the big ones? Order a truck with your choice of engine!

I think we would see a lot of SUV's with Cat's and Cummins then!

Old 06-06-2002, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Boot the tag is washed off !! any other ideas? The 75hp truck sounds like what i want.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:28 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Boot, AIC= Auxiliary Idle Control that allows you to "high" idle the truck for heat and cool and battery charging applications. Has a nice digital tach built in.

I am running the SCMT on the +60hp mode, I have not used the +80hp mode. Temps are at a maximum of 1000 if pulling hard otherwise pulling the boat on a flat surface while going 70-75 is around 7-800.

I drilled and mounted my pyro sensor right into the exhaust manifold (pre turbo). I did not like the clamp on style so I went the more difficult way and glad I did.
Old 06-07-2002, 01:50 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

RING RING RING , Gumby , your alarm clocks going off ! WAKE UP !!THats a pretty ****ty thing to do ,knocking someone elses truck ! Obviously this high hp Dodge is not yours ! Where is yours ? Why don't you have one ? Any motor can be made faster . FAce it ,cubic inches = hp ! WHats wrong with the Ford , Have you ever had one ? LATLEY ? I work on all of them and have owned all of them . Just did a Duramax tonight . Every one is entitled to there own opinion .Even if it is wrong ....

Bird dog , The only way to get to the code now is to take out computer . It's pretty easy . TAKE THE KEY OUT AND HIDE IT . Look under dash on drivers side .Next to parking brake .That black metal bracket is holding the computer in . GO under the hood first and take the plug off the front . It has a 10 mm bolt in the center . Make sure you get the right plug . Now go inside ,the bracket has a 10mm bolt way up on top off it ,look hard . Take that out , then take the 2 little ones out right at the back edge . THeir may be one more under it against the fire wall . Pull the computer and bracket a little towards the passenger side and slide it straight back toward you . DOn't loose the little metal clip on the lower small bolt .It's a ground . Carefully slide the computer out ,Ther should be 2 tags .one on front and one behind . Look for the 4 digit code in bold letters . What ever you see wright it down so you don't forget and have to take it out again . If you have any problems or quesions while you are taking it out call me .908-782-0688 or cell 908-963-2513. YOu will be very happy with the 75 hp chip . That pedal on the right is not just An on and off switch you know ! YOu don't have to use all the power all the time ! Let me know if I can help .
[email protected]

hp500efi, is that the factory AIC or aftermarket . The westerndiesel turbo brake comes with that feature too . It has a choice of 2 rpm settings or off .
How do you select hp settings on that chip ? Can you do it while driving or do you have to stop and take it apart or what ? YOur exhaust temps sound great . Most of those I've seen get a little hotter then that one . Good luck with it !

Old 06-07-2002, 06:41 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Boot, the AIC is OEM and it is a nice feature. I made a carpet spike oak wood base to mount it on as I did not like the factory bracket. Just another "toy" to the truck

The SCMT is a programmer that I carry with me.

Plugs into the data port (while truck is off) download the OEM program, upload the 60hp mode and 10 minutes later......walla, new truck. . . if I need to put the OEM back in, I simply DL the 60hp mode and upload the OEM. . works sweet.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:11 AM
Registered

Well Crap!!!! story of my life,nothings ever easy!! That on & off pedal thing....I tell my drivers that rvery day!! I guess Ill fool with this in the next few days. Anf Gumbys coments sorta hit me the wrong way to!!! We whent to Cumberland over the holiday,stayed at Jamestown Marina,he nicest marina on the lake.Standing on the balconey looking over the parking lot,nothing but trucks & big SUVs.Not 1 Dodge in the whole lot!!!! all brand new Chevs & Fords !!!! Man these wealthy people must be realy stupid! Nuff said.

Check youre PM
Old 06-07-2002, 09:36 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Boot, here is a pic of the AIC
Attached Thumbnails Had My Truck Chipped-p6070001.jpg  
Old 06-07-2002, 09:38 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

.......and one of the gauges
Attached Thumbnails Had My Truck Chipped-p6070004.jpg  

Quick Reply: Had My Truck Chipped

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.