Anoter"Great"Dealer/Broker Experiance >

Anoter"Great"Dealer/Broker Experiance

Notices

Anoter"Great"Dealer/Broker Experiance

Old 06-08-2002, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anoter"Great"Dealer/Broker Experiance

I would like to post another "Great Experience" With a Broker/Dealer. As I posted last week, I have a client who was looking for a Top Gun ASAP. Thank God for OSO we found what can only be described as two perfect boats. I flew to Ohio and looked at the the first boat and was very impressed. Low hours, Never beat, No stress cracks or scratches, dings, repairs etc. The price was right and so was the boat. I got pictures and a video and left the next day for Florida. After a layover in Chicago I arrived in Miami and went to work. The second boat was at Lip-Ship Performance. For anyone who has never been there before it is like going to Cigarette Heaven. This was my first time meeting Phil and he was a perfect host. The boat sold itself. It is a 1996 that shows like new. Phil had described the boat to me over the phone in perfect detail which I thank him for (Too many people will waste your 3000 mile trip due to embellishing) This boat was mint!!! I took an hour and fifteen minutes on the phone with the buyer as I walked around and described every inch of the boat. The buyer and I agreed Due to the condition of the boat he did not need to fly out for the Sea Trial, I would do it myself based on certain performance expectations. Phil and I arranged this for day two. After closing shop Phil took me to Thunder Alley so I could get that "This is where it all started" Gleam in my eye, and gave me a first hand history account of the area. Day two started with a tour of the Cigarette Factory (I still have an ear to ear stupid grin on my face from it!!!) Which was unbelievable. If I didn't already feel confident telling customers it is the premier offshore powerboat and that the quality of there work is top notch I absolutely feel confident now. Phil pulled me away from the Cig store before my girlfriend had a chance to spend my entire commission (Thank you Phil!) and we went to sea trial. This is where there is a differace in good driver and great drivers. I have seen Jeff Chang Maneuver around Songrath at lido thinking I was about to see $100,000 in damage and they never touch, and I have seen sportfisher captains put the bow pulpit over smaller boats at the gas docks. But the way Phil winged this Top Gun around between two boats and a dock was nothing short of impressive. I tried to keep my cool and act like it wasn't a big deal and I could have done it myself, but sometimes you have to give credit where it is due and say "Wow, I would have just filed insurance claims on three boats by now." We concentrated on gauges and noises and all of the other ways you try to pick a boat apart on a sea trail and Phil gave great performance tips and accurate numbers for that boat. We run both on the inside of the breakwater and in the rough and the boat acceded all of my expectations. Tight in high speed turns (Its a non step) Fast onto plain, and no complaints. We brought the boat back to the dock and the Surveyor met us for his part. Once we got a big thumbs up from the surveyor I made the final two phone calls to the buyer and seller and hopped in a cab for the airport. I took a look at the other Boats at Lip-Ship Performance and I can tell you that when Phil says a boat is a "9" its a "9"!!! (No such thing as a ten) He was a straight shooter and incapable of the Bullsh$%#T that we are all used to. Straight answers, accurate numbers, and no wasted time. I look forward to my next trip to Miami and working with Phil. My clients boat will be back in California Wednesday and will run in the Dick Simon Marine Poker Run with one happy new Top Gun owner driving it. Thank you again to all at Lip-Ship Performance and everyone at OSO that emailed and called about there boats. The Ohio Top Gun is still for sale if anyone is looking to purchase I have all of the info. Jeff, I finally saw your other boat in FL. NICE!!!

Matthew W.DeLisio
Old 06-08-2002, 08:05 PM
BlueMoon

Thanks...nice to hear some positive feedback. Good luck to Phil for being honest and professional and good luck to the new owner of the boat!

Old 06-08-2002, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IDRPSTF posted "I made the final two phone calls to the buyer and seller and hopped in a cab for the airport."

The post reads like you're a broker that had a great expeience with a dealer. Is that right ?
Old 06-09-2002, 02:36 AM
Registered

Philly is a banner advertiser on OSO. OSO has established a good relatioship with him when we bought the Gladiator. He definetly knows his stuff and will treat all OSO members this way.
Old 06-09-2002, 06:56 AM
Registered

Default Good Deal

Sounds like one great deal for everyone concerned!!Wish that I could have, and to be able to adford, all the action that went on here. Great story and great ending!! Best of Luck to all!!
eliminator219
Old 06-10-2002, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H2o- Yes Sir,
The tough life of a broker. Jet all over the U.S. looking at the best that money can buy. I pulled off six states in five days, Two layovers, 17 Arguments with the girlfriend, 8 cab rides, 4 meals of airplane food, to end up with10 pages of paperwork. If all goes well I will be doing it all again in a week and a half for another client. These are not rich people by any means. They just dont have the time to take a week off work and go on a boat search. If you are planning on spending over $100K for a boat it is worth $1000 to send someone out to find the right deal. I make a good commision when the bot finally sells so I dont overcharge for flying around. I also have a deposite in an escrow account before I pack my bags. This was a "Win Win" all around and I wish all my deals could go this well. Thank you again toPhil and all of the members of OSO that clled and wrote. Ill post pictures of the Top Gun when it gets to California Wed.

Matt
Old 06-10-2002, 12:04 PM
Registered

Thanks much for the follow up note. I'll keep your comments in mind when I'm in the market again.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by OffshoreOnly
.....and will treat all OSO members this way.

Having done business with Philly over the past 10 years, I know firsthand that he treats ALL people this way. A first class act all the way......