Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Winter upgrades/projects, let's her them! >

Winter upgrades/projects, let's her them!

Notices

Winter upgrades/projects, let's her them!

Old 12-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rebuilding rotted rear seat and replacing a couple sections of vinyl. New 502 in just before fall, then prop tuning starts as soon as the weather clears.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Convert the first 38 Donzi ZRC ever made (hull #001) from a side-by-side bravo set up to a staggered Arneson Asd-7 set up powered by Ilmor 710's. Also do some cosmetic changes as well. Follow updates in the Donzi section.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...posit-zrc.html

very cool project

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bi gbird:
Old 12-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My "new" 1986 272 Formula

Picked up a 1986 – 272 Formula in late fall that “just needed to be cleaned up some”. I new better than to believe that but bought it anyways due to price. To do:
Bucket seats, repair and reinforce wood with glass, replace attachment hardware and touch up vinyl.
Rear Bench: Have replaced wood, new carpet, cleaned vinyl on lower part, need to replace two pieces of vinyl on back.
Cockpit Trim: Vinyl covered trim is deteriorated, new vinyl on new wood being worked on. May replace carpet on cockpit sides this year or put it off for a year.
Cabin: Entire cabin is being ripped out and redone to facilitate family day boating instead of an overnight cuddy.
Hull needs to be cleaned and buffed, but is in good condition other than a few coats of bottom paint.
Engines: Short blocks look newer, doing valve job and adding new cam and intake package. While we are in there, we are also doing timing chain, water pump, alternator, and going to have carbs rebuilt.
Outdrives need to be gone through as there are some worn bearings on the gimble assemblies but the drives are supposed to be working. Also need to check the trim wiring as port does not go down from the trim control switch.
We are making a new engine hatch pad with new wood and vinyl.
Trailer needs the hydraulic brakes fixed and two of the rollers replaced. Need to put on the new winch and move a couple of the angle steel pieces to increase ground clearance.
That is about it on the list right now…..
Old 12-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by befu
Picked up a 1986 – 272 Formula in late fall that “just needed to be cleaned up some”. I new better than to believe that but bought it anyways due to price. To do:
Bucket seats, repair and reinforce wood with glass, replace attachment hardware and touch up vinyl.
Rear Bench: Have replaced wood, new carpet, cleaned vinyl on lower part, need to replace two pieces of vinyl on back.
Cockpit Trim: Vinyl covered trim is deteriorated, new vinyl on new wood being worked on. May replace carpet on cockpit sides this year or put it off for a year.
Cabin: Entire cabin is being ripped out and redone to facilitate family day boating instead of an overnight cuddy.
Hull needs to be cleaned and buffed, but is in good condition other than a few coats of bottom paint.
Engines: Short blocks look newer, doing valve job and adding new cam and intake package. While we are in there, we are also doing timing chain, water pump, alternator, and going to have carbs rebuilt.
Outdrives need to be gone through as there are some worn bearings on the gimble assemblies but the drives are supposed to be working. Also need to check the trim wiring as port does not go down from the trim control switch.
We are making a new engine hatch pad with new wood and vinyl.
Trailer needs the hydraulic brakes fixed and two of the rollers replaced. Need to put on the new winch and move a couple of the angle steel pieces to increase ground clearance.
That is about it on the list right now…..
One step at a time, you will get through it. You might be interested in this swap shop thread...http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...-part-out.html

Looks to have the same interior colors as you!

Good luck!
Old 12-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Tks, should be a fun boat when Jerry Haney is finished rigging it.
Attached Images    
Old 12-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Registered

sending powerheads off to Jim Ruck for some special mods....
Old 12-23-2011, 04:10 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Motor getting redone by Chief, new gauges, paint work, powder coating some more items, new GPS and a new Myco trailer
Attached Thumbnails Winter upgrades/projects, let's her them!-dscn5143.jpg   Winter upgrades/projects, let's her them!-dscn5326.jpg   Winter upgrades/projects, let's her them!-dscn5327.jpg  

Winter upgrades/projects, let's her them!-dscn5328.jpg   Winter upgrades/projects, let's her them!-dscn5329.jpg  
Old 02-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Registered

Picking away at the list slowly but as always ended up adding to the origional list.

Now I have new to me McLeod power bolsters to install
Finish my custom heads up drive/trim indicator
Install/plumb trim tabs (boat has useless tiny Bennett tabs currently)
Manufacture custom foot rests for the new bolsters

Hatches are almost done though and engines are all decaled!

Old 02-17-2012, 09:19 AM
KMP
Registered

Geesh, my upgrades seem minor... 18 donzi Classic
- New Gellcoat
- New Paint in Bilge
- New Engine Rebuild - 500hp
- New PPI seats
- New Carpet
- New Steering
- Custom engine hatch
- New Chome
- New 40 gallon fuel tank
- New Controls
- Rebuilt Trailer
- I think the only think left old is me.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KMP
Geesh, my upgrades seem minor... 18 donzi Classic
- New Gellcoat
- New Paint in Bilge
- New Engine Rebuild - 500hp
- New PPI seats
- New Carpet
- New Steering
- Custom engine hatch
- New Chome
- New 40 gallon fuel tank
- New Controls
- Rebuilt Trailer
- I think the only think left old is me.
Boy that is minor, should be able to get that all done in one weekend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.