Like Tree0Likes

Stupid People With Boats

Old 06-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Charter Member #590
Charter Member

My Boats: 1998/2005 Eliminator 33 Daytona Twin 950 HP

Dave M,

I think it was Einstein's Theory of Retrievability. The number of rednecks required to launch or retrieve a boat is inversely proportionate to the length and/or value of the boat!!!

Dean,

It is friggin' hilarious! They can also be pretty brutal with their verbal comments to those who are less than skilled at launching.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:31 AM
290PQ

You should see the look on peoples faces when my wife backs the trailer in I drive on, she hooks up the winch strap, gives it a couple cranks, and pulls out of the way while I'm getting things put away on a good day we tie up the ramp maybe 3min.

Last year she had a guy ask her if she could please back his trailer in after he made about 20 trys!

I'm sure that many marrages have ended at the boat ramp!!

Old 06-18-2002, 10:49 AM
Registered

My Boats: 88 IMP Eleganza

its good to see that all retards w/boats aren't located around me.
there's quite a lot here in the Philly area.
i forgot to mention while all this was going on they light one guy pull his boat out
moron forgot to latch the winch and drove right up the ramp

he got lucky this time
i was waiting though. it would've been funny to have two jack a%@ on the same day
Old 06-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Charter Member #590
Charter Member

My Boats: 1998/2005 Eliminator 33 Daytona Twin 950 HP

It always amazes me to see the guy who is trying to put his boat on the trailer while his wife is driving the truck. He's had too much to drink, and is a jacka$$ to begin with, and because HE cannot get the boat set on the trailer correctly, he blames his wife. The he feels compelled to yell, scream, curse at, belittle, and flat out degrade his wife for HIS IGNORANCE . Makes ya want to walk over and make the jerk fish food.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:04 AM
mlitefan

290PQ...Are we married to the same wife???

Seriously, isn't it great to have a wife that can do that? She still will not attempt to drive the boat on the trailer...I think THAT is my fault...

I live in Virginia...you have no idea what you may see at the end of the day...

Old 06-18-2002, 11:30 AM
dloftis

I've got one of those signifigant others than can get down a ramp pretty good, too.

Most of the time she backs down, I put the boat on, she winches it, and we're out in 2-3 minutes. When we go to put it in she barely even stops!

What REALLY gets me is how hard of a time people have launching. Retrieving is harder because you have to line up and center the boat... but launching? get it floating, untie it, back off.

I saw a guy at conroe a few weeks ago that backed his 16' bowrider down so that the wheels of the trailer were ALMOST to the hubs, the transom was barely wet. He then proceeded to try and power off of the trailer. When he didn't get anywhere he had his son go on the bow with an oar and push off the back of his truck! The guy was taking up a lane for about 15 minutes, three other boats (including myself) launched in the time it took him to get off the trailer.

Old 06-18-2002, 07:36 PM
Registered

My Boats: 28ft Saber, 22 Velocity

With all of this talk I better get my front rubber stopper moved so it's easier to load and unload!! I guess this trailer was not made for this boat! It work's and looks fine until you try to put in or take out!! I have to back WAY down into the water to get the boat set in place.

Still, I can usually beat anyone else that is at the ramp, including the Jon Boat's!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 11:19 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1997 Fountain, 27 Fever

We have a nice county ramp which has 3 double ramps with piers between each. On weekends this is a very busy place and all ramps are well used. A couple weeks ago we are coming in for the day, I dock at an open ramp and run up to get the trailer. When I get to the ramp there are two guys launching and have their trailer right in the middle of the double ramp( with my boat half behind theirs. The then begin to prep the boat to launch ( there is a nice staging area for prep prior to getting to the ramp) After sitting there waiting 10 minutes for these idiots to uncover and load everything on the boat I get out and ask them to launch or move over, the response was we're not ready yet!!! It took another 10 minutes and then their 28 Scarab which they had painted 30 Scarab on wouldn't start and allmost floated into my boat. I got my boat on the trailer as quick as possible and left the zoo.
Oh and while that happened a guy had a jet boat which he had backed the trailer in too far and couldn't understand why his boat kept floating off the trailer. What a day.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:38 PM
DJD
Registered

My Boats: 38' Cigarette, 42'Post, Driver:F2-07 Wild Child

I seem to astonish people watching the show at the ramps when I am by myself and I launch/recover my 38 Cig.
I actually don't want help and I'm sure most of our fellow members here feel the same way.
Before my turn at the ramp, I get ready by putting in the plug then untie any straps & then put a line on the bow cleat, tied to the trailer with about 8-10 feet of slack line.
I then back in slowly & just as she is floating, crack the brakes lightly & SHAZAM! It floats!. I walk onto the trailer, pull her up & climb onto the bow & take her to the dock 15' away.
"WOW"
Old 06-19-2002, 12:13 AM
Sec Agent Man

Pretty scary huh? Seeing is not believing sometimes, some of these morons that we see are our doctors, lawyers and police officers. They must be born with two left feet. How they get by with their daily activities without stressing themselves out is beyond me.

My wife backs our rig into the water, releases the winch and as I am firing up and backing up and away from the idiots, she parks the truck and trailer and when the day is done, we dock at a far far away ramp, she gets the setup and we are loaded in 30 sec. tops. We're on and out of the way in less than 2 minutes.

This is especially a family past time (our kids love to watch and make offers to help [6 and 9 years old]) to watch those boaters who are inexperienced. You know how vocal kids are. "Dad, look at that dumb a______".

SAM