Like Tree0Likes

single gofast or twin c c ???

Old 01-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Slippery when wet!

On a CC like anything else,if you are going out further than you can swim back,Twins !!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Registered

My Boats: yamaha sx190,yamaha exciter, yamaha ls2000 w c 255dc , 38sonic,38fountain ec,35outlaw,28pantera,27donzi zx ect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
On a CC like anything else,if you are going out further than you can swim back,Twins !!
down here in south florida it's either inter-coastal or ocean running .
and twin's are always nice .

depending on where i keep the boat it could be up to 20 mile run each way either in the ocean or inter-coastal to where we would boat to , and the ocean route would be a lot quicker " no idial zone's " this would be from boynton beach inlet to west palm beach inlet " peanut island area "
mike
Old 01-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Registered

My Boats: 99 problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
ok , so i haven't owned a boat in over 2 years and getting the itch
but now i have a wife and 3 year old girl ,
the pre wife and kid " me " wants a single engine offshore boat and then the more responsible side wants a twin o/b c c

they would both cost around $ 100 k

one of the big thing's i think about is if i get the go-fast how often will i be able to have real fun with it offshore with a 3 year old in it " not much "

what's your thought's ,

thank's
mike
I have the same issue, daughters 11, get something that you can handle by yourself, that doesnt require much maintainence, and that you can put in the water in a moments notice, and get it cleaned up and back in the garage just as fast. My wife and daughter love boating, but have no patience for wrenching on the boat, or the time it takes to clean it after its been in the water. If thats a smaller single gofast, then get it,, if it sounds more like a cc, then just as well. Remember if your planning on the boat staying in the water for more than a few days at a time, and you dont have a lift, etc, then an outboard cc is more forgiving.

Also,, very important, I think is twins,, when you have your wife and daughter anywhere out of the intercoastal, the peace of mind you get having twins is worth it. I had a 26 scarab gofast I loved to death, it ran like a top, and I used it more often with less trouble than any of my other boats,, but the worry of something going wrong and not having back up caused me to get rid of it. I still kick my self for letting that boat go,,but as you know in south florida, you dont want to be in 2000ft of water and a 5mph gulf stream with no backup.

Last edited by spk1; 01-02-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:36 AM
Registered

My Boats: 42' Sundancer from 2004 formerly known as Big azz cruiser from 2004. Still looking for the right new 38-42 ft. v-bottom!

This is about as a subjective thead as is humanly possible.
CC vs. gofast. Single vs. twin. The OSO server should've blown up by now.

I'm for a gofast, but buy what you need and like.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Registered

My Boats: I think I have a Center Console now

Cc
Old 01-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Gold Member

Why not go with a mid cabin open bow go fast like this Hallett. Family friendly when you want that and can hit it hard when it is just you.
Attached Thumbnails
single gofast or twin c c  ???-hallett.jpg  
Old 01-03-2012, 08:53 AM
GB
Registered

My Boats: Donzi 22C MDG 600 (sold)

Next boat will be a CC with twins...You'll be ahead of the game. The SUV of performance boats with lower maintenance and alot more versatile.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Next boat will be a CC with twins...You'll be ahead of the game. The SUV of performance boats with lower maintenance and alot more versatile.
My next boat without question. Done crawling around a bilge.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrls View Post
i think im leaning to the cc but i don't fish and i like a little bit of style to it " bling " that boat look's very plain but i could only find one pic , if you have any other's please post when you can
thank you
mike
somthing like this look's cool

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/13914
Understand, mine will have some of the bling you are talking about. I will post pics when finished..it will be a cross between a tricked out fishing boat with comfort in mind for toting passangers to the islands.

Jim Gardiner worked at Cig in the early 80's. He designed and built the plugs for the Ocean Hawk 33. Cigarette built this boat under their name for a while. It is a great handling boat. So being a custom composit builder, anything is possible.

Jims friend in Miami owns one. It is perfect. The 250 etec's are blueprinted and have all the latest upgrades. and he asking 40 K. If you are interested I will send pics or just forward you the email he sent me. Just PM me.
Thanks, Jeff

http://www.superyachts.com/news/swif...-elite-299.htm
Old 01-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered

My Boats: cc's 4 now
Default Go fast or cc

Mike I didn't realize how you were going to be boating when we last spoke, I to Have Had both and find the center console the most versatile and easiest to maintain. Twins with the young 1 and wife for sure. The other option we had discussed would likely be very inappropriate, Awesome if it were you & your budds without the family.