Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking for a new Playground---- >

Looking for a new Playground----

Notices

Looking for a new Playground----

Old 03-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Another vote for Cumberland, either on a Holiday weekend or September Poker Run. You will NOT be disappointed.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be biased but I vote for Lake Erie, preferably the Western Basin around my area, Catawba Island. Marblehead is also pretty good, you could stay out on one of the islands if you wanted even. Not many performance boaters around those parts, but there are some. What's nice is how close everything is, lots of places out at Put-In-Bay or Kelley's, lots of places to dock. Catawba Moorings (my favorite if you can get there), Portside (on Kelley's) Or any place at Put-In-bay is pretty nice. I think that a place called Marine Tech Concepts has a pretty good sized poker run... Maybe look into that? Either way just go somewhere good, and keep us updated!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Northern Michigan is AMAZING, Traverse City to Charlevoix is my favorite boating experience thus far. Western basin of Erie is good times too.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

Put-in-Bay in lake Erie . . . . . . there a reason why they have Put-in-Bay days down in Key West . . . . we call it Key North The surrounding islands are great and you really need a long weekend to even scratch the surface. This was a light day, usually the are rafted four out on most available docks, not sure when i took this but i think it was one of those rare late fall days.

Originally Posted by jetheadracer
Northern Michigan is AMAZING, Traverse City to Charlevoix is my favorite boating experience thus far. Western basin of Erie is good times too.
thats a great area, been there a million times in the winter (skiing Boyne) and several times for the concours car show at Bay Harbor but not with a boat yet. That whole bay is really nice and looks like theres plenty to do.

Pic is Put In Bay from the monument
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a new Playground-----2009-192.jpg  
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 03-05-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain38
I see that there is a poker run on lake Cumberland June 23 - 24 2012. Can anyone tell me if that is a good one to come to? The poker run in Sept does not work for my schedule.
http://midwestboatparty.com/pokerrun/

The mwbp run is also that same weekend at LOTO. I realize that you are looking for somewhere new but this is a great time for a great cause. It is a pretty fun filled weekend with a registration party, the Friday run, Friday night party, some sort of raftup or other get together on Sat. and a more partying Sat. night.

I had the opportunity to go to an event about a month ago with Eddie from MWBP for Operation Homefront and I can say the best part about the run is the cause and the soldiers themselves. The serviceman and women we spoke with are still talking about last years event and already looking forward to this years event.