Notices

Upgradeing Sound System

Old 04-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BDiggity
+1 on the Polk MM UM's. i have 4 pair in the cockpit.
Wouldn't that be +4?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Waveform
Polk MM UM! had three sets in my little jet boat, and am gonna put three more in my Velocity at some point. I've been a professional installer for the last decade of my life, and hands down the best sounding marine speakers I have had the opportunity to listen to. I even had a pair in my transom(on a 16ft Sugar Sand), and never had an issue. I have also heard good things about the DcGold, but never personally listened to any. JL is nice but overpriced, and not as detailed midrange vocals. Kicker marine... Good stuff but again, not near the sound quality of the Polks.
I am leaning heavily to the Polk MM series as i like the specs on these . DC Gold are very nice but a bit too pricy for my wallet . I would like to hear more about the Polks and where can i find the best price , Crutchfield maybe ?? Thank you.....
Old 04-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by the deep
I am leaning heavily to the Polk MM series as i like the specs on these . DC Gold are very nice but a bit too pricy for my wallet . I would like to hear more about the Polks and where can i find the best price , Crutchfield maybe ?? Thank you.....
Shoot me a PM with what you're needing, and I'll see what I can do.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
i bought all of mine off ebay for about $130 & free shipping.
Here are some for $120

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POLK-AUDIO-M...item5d3233e883
Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Focal stuff.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Another Polk fan here, very loud and very clear.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerquest_Baby!!
My personal recommendation is for Rockford Fosgate. I run Rockford Fosgate Marine coxials m162c and put some serious power thru these for years and they are CRYSTAL clear and have never given me any issues. I cant recommend them highly enough.
I would agree 100% they are always crystal.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I just ordered 4 pair of the Polk MM UM for the 47', there are alot of opinions out there.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dc gold are worth the money! Unlike most of the marine speakers that are "weather proof", DC Gold are "water proof". Part of their maintenance (if you boat in salt water) is to remove them from the boat and submerge in clean water periodically. I have kicker 6.5s in my cockpit and they are nice, but the dc gold 6x9s I have mounted in my transom are much clearer and much more efficient. I had a set of polks back there and they only lasted a few months. The tweeters blew while in use during a rain shower......... I listen to my DC gold speakers while washing the transom, so they get fully soaked with soap and water and keep on jamming.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by low_psi
Dc gold are worth the money! Unlike most of the marine speakers that are "weather proof", DC Gold are "water proof". Part of their maintenance (if you boat in salt water) is to remove them from the boat and submerge in clean water periodically. I have kicker 6.5s in my cockpit and they are nice, but the dc gold 6x9s I have mounted in my transom are much clearer and much more efficient. I had a set of polks back there and they only lasted a few months. The tweeters blew while in use during a rain shower......... I listen to my DC gold speakers while washing the transom, so they get fully soaked with soap and water and keep on jamming.
I saw those pics, and the Polks you had were Db series; which are just rated for light moisture exposure. The MM UM are a COMPLETLY different animal with a Klippel optimized composite basket, fully sealed front side with no tweeter mounting post etc.. That being said, I have never heard anything bad about the DcGold, eventually I'd like to try a set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.