Notices

28 Sonic/25 AT Tantrum?

Old 04-16-2012, 08:16 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Well, you don't look short....
LMAO! Its the good living I've had for the last 3 years, let alone Lesley is Italian.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the 25 AT. It looks like a smaller 40 Hustler. Cool boat.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:32 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

[QUOTE=TexomaPowerboater.The 25 AT will be a headache with big power.........short rebuild time, hard on drives, torque steer, and their just flat out ugly.[/QUOTE]
  • any boat with big power can be a headache
  • short rebuild time? Depends on the builder, the amount of power and the way the engine is maintained
  • Hard on drives? I've seen #6's get torn apart with reasonable power. It has alot to do with the ability of the driver.
  • Torque steer? This isn't a Apache Scout with a 2.5 on it!
  • Ugly,short and fat.....All in the eyes of the beholder.

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
He's right the 25 looks out of proportion (short and fat).
At different angles I can see your point. But if you look at a 28 Apache it can look the same, along with a 28 AT and a 26 Sonic along with a 25 Baja. These boats all have plenty of freeboard compared to others.

Once again To each his own!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Drock78
I wont knock a boat I've never been in, but if I wanted twin big blocks I wouldn't go with anything under 31-33'...personal preference. Most are too ass heavy.
Good point.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup quite a few suffer from the illusion.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

The motor is good. I know the guy that built it. All excellent components, nothing wild
Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Drock78
Doesn't it ride fly ass heavy like any other 28 with twin BBC? the motor in the AT is very reliable and maybe 50hrs on it, nothing wild.
Not really. Talk to delsol. He used to run his 28 apache 80+ on Lake Michigan in 6ft swells before he bought his 41 saber. Balance is always a catch 22 with single engine boats. That single engine AT will have major torque steer. It can launch crooked; it may not want to land level and it will drive you crazy. It will also be a dog out of the hole especially with a full load and passengers. If its a "divers boat" you'll have to be constantly driving it especially in rough conditions, assuming your outdrive doesn't blow. Thats why I suggested the sonic, because its a much more reliable setup for rough water use. The 28 apache and likely the 28 sonic will allow you to cruise through the rough stuff at any speed. Would really suck to go wave busting only to blow an outdrive and get stuck on the water; do that on Lake MI in a single engine boat and you could sink. With the 28 twins you won't have to get on top of the waves to find a good ride. You can cruise at lower speeds and crush those waves away while sipping your drink. You'll have one hand on the wheel and one on the sticks every minute driving the 25 AT, thus a "drivers boat." IMO twins are a must on lake MI, especially if you want to go out in rough water. You guys don't have a long enough summer to pic your days.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
I don't know what shocks me the most, his statements, or his asking price on that Apache! Yikes!
I just spilled my coffee all over my keyboard after reading this
Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Not really. Talk to delsol. He used to run his 28 apache 80+ on Lake Michigan in 6ft swells before he bought his 41 saber. Balance is always a catch 22 with single engine boats. That single engine AT will have major torque steer. It can launch crooked; it may not want to land level and it will drive you crazy. It will also be a dog out of the hole especially with a full load and passengers. If its a "divers boat" you'll have to be constantly driving it especially in rough conditions, assuming your outdrive doesn't blow. Thats why I suggested the sonic, because its a much more reliable setup for rough water use. The 28 apache and likely the 28 sonic will allow you to cruise through the rough stuff at any speed. Would really suck to go wave busting only to blow an outdrive and get stuck on the water; do that on Lake MI in a single engine boat and you could sink. With the 28 twins you won't have to get on top of the waves to find a good ride. You can cruise at lower speeds and crush those waves away while sipping your drink. You'll have one hand on the wheel and one on the sticks every minute driving the 25 AT, thus a "drivers boat." IMO twins are a must on lake MI, especially if you want to go out in rough water. You guys don't have a long enough summer to pic your days.
What is it with you and torque steer? YOU said the same thing on the outerlimits sv29 thread and look at what happened? After the top speeds on that boat came out you quickly shut up and went into your cave. Any thread you jump on you always seem to throw in how your apache 28 is better. Dude get over the torque steer not all single engine boats have it. Stop coming on here and trying to sell your 28 apache TWIN. Like I told you before at that price it's going to stay on the market for a LONG time.

You also talk about balance and single engine boats, how many times on the outerlimits sv29 thread did you cry about the balance being off that boat because it's a single and look at the speeds it runs? After all the facts came out about the boat you shut up and never made another comment about it, now you come on another thread talking about the same thing, GET OVER IT!

The active thunder 25 is a great boat, and so is the 28 sonic to each his own. You don't have to come on every thread about how balance is off, torque steer blah blah blah. Those are baseless accusations just like the ones you made about the sv29 which PROVED YOU WRONG. Nobody really cares about what your 28 apache can and can't do their asking about different boats on here. If you have nothing positive to add and help out then just stay on your apache forum and keep praising yourself about how great your boat is, at that asking price nobody is going to touch it especially how old the boat is!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I just looked at that Apache 28. Nice big cabin.
I was wondering why only 250 hours on a 1990 boat, and only 35 hours on new engines from 2009. Nobody wanted to ride in it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.