Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Worst "High Performance" Boats Ever Built? >

Worst "High Performance" Boats Ever Built?

Notices

Worst "High Performance" Boats Ever Built?

Old 04-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Waveform
Bayliner Arriva
Thats what I was gonna say LOL
Old 04-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Waveform beat me to it also...
Old 04-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by patyacht
No.
disagree. most people posting here won't be posting what they own and have pics of...these less than optimal boats for the most part at least look good in the yard. google the model you are interested, or most disinterested, in and click images. they will all be there.

Last edited by dereknkathy; 04-15-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
What about the BAHA MACH 1?
Actually that's not a bad boat at all! A heavy b*tch but other than that they are a well built boat. The warranty backed by Baha Cruisers is unreal.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
It must have been just a one year thing. Here is a guy selling an '87, and he says "These hulls are known to be solid and stable".

1987 Peterborough Indy 220 for Sale

Looks like a great project boat. I wonder if the engine and drive aren't in it, because they fell out.

By the way, Airpacker, there is a job opening over at Peterborough for boat tester.

Michael
Now thats funny right there.

I blew a drive off the boat right infront of the old OMC plant in Peterborough with two OMC engineers in the boat. Cracked the throttle to about 3/4's from 40mph and pushed the prop shaft out the side of the lower unit. It had POINT TWO of an hour on it. That was number 9 I think.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bert4332
Actually that's not a bad boat at all! A heavy b*tch but other than that they are a well built boat. The warranty backed by Baha Cruisers is unreal.
Not the ones I have seen...... Just recently saw one that had so much stringer rot the motor litterly fell into the bilge damn near sunk as it ripped the bellows.... From what I could tell they didn't spend much time caping the stringers.... Plenty of exposed wood there....... The rest of the boat looked very "cheap" as well. Maybe The ones I have seen were exceptions....... Maybe my expectations are set too high....... I have never owned one or had any seat time in one, so just commenting from what I saw.

Last edited by low_psi; 04-15-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Not the ones I have seen...... Just recently saw one that had so much stringer rot the motor litterly fell into the bilge damn near sunk as it ripped the bellows.... From what I could tell they didn't spend much time caping the stringers.... Plenty of exposed wood there....... Maybe The ones I have seen were exceptions.......
thought the baha built machs had no wood?
Old 04-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

My brother Philip and I had a Sidewinder 18 jet boat with a 455 olds/Berkley, the model was called a "Super Sidewinder" I think. Lots of metal flake, no quality. There were 2 little stringers that the motor was bolted to, the were not much longer than the motor, the boat flexed and felt like a rubber raft without enough air in it. We sold that boat and bought a Sutphin, guy who bought it from us sank It in the Hudson river when the bottom broke out. Gas tank was up in the bow under the deck just glued down with some resin, talk about bow steer with a full tank of gas.

Last edited by mikefili; 04-15-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a guy refer to my boat as a bayliner one time, pissed me off but he doesn't no **** about boats so I let it slide
Old 04-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikefili
My brother Philip and I had a Sidewinder 18 jet boat with a 455 olds/Berkley, the model was called a "Super Sidewinder" I think. Lots of metal flake, no quality. There were 2 little stringers that the motor was bolted to, the were not much longer than the motor, the boat flexed and felt like a rubber raft without enough air in it. We sold that boat and bought a Sutphin, guy who bought it from us sank It in the Hudson river when the bottom broke out. Gas tank was up in the bow under the deck just glued down with some resin, talk about bow steer with a full tank of gas.
several companies built Sidewinders over the years. I had a 79 16' low pro with a 175 merc Black Max on a bracket. Beat the absolute chit out of it for years. Tough as nails. Friend had n 83 Super and it was a POS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.