Notices

Never heard of this!

Old 05-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not going to get My lights hot to back in cold water. I let My brakes cool after a long haul so My brgs don't suck water in when i launch. But I live in Louisiana.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by too stroked
top ten explanations for sitting in line at a launch ramp with an empty trailer:

1) “my trailer was lonely, so i thought i’d let it pick up a boat.”

2) “i just shampooed my bunk carpeting and i’m waiting to go back in for a rinse.”

3) “there’s a trailer behind me?”

4) “no, i’m actually launching an invisible boat.”

5) “somebody told me that if i sat here long enough, my prince would arrive. What’s your sign?”

6) “i can’t remember if this is the place i launched my boat – last spring.”

7) “i figured if i was nice enough to haul somebody out, they’d give me their boat.”

8) “i’m just breaking in my bunk carpeting by repeatedly getting it wet with no load on it.”

9) “i’m taking a survey of how many idiots leave their lights on in a launch ramp. You’re number one.”

10) “i’m practicing talking to idiots like you who think i should have my lights on.”
Old 05-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Havasu Hangin
#11 I thought this was like a boat show............ you kick your shoes off to get "on" a boat.....when you get "off" the boat you put back on a better pair....I'm waiting for that MTI out there!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Neverfastenuf
Not here in Colorado either. Did any of the other vehicles in line have their headlights on????????::
Nope..............it was the middle of the day....at a mostly dirt ramp....on a almost desert island.....why the hell would you have your lights on? Oh yea....to let everyone else know.............."I have my lights on!"
Old 05-03-2012, 07:22 PM
JnT
Registered

Never heard of it in GA either. My wife can back a boat trailer way better than me. She has patience and I don't.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Registered

OK, time to post up the guy. He was just trying to take advantage........ total BS.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered

I realize things are far more civilized there in the US but here on the West Coast of Canada, that tactic would get you a $hit kicking.......

PS. Mods, why is there no Canadian "flag" in the icons/smilies..?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

JnT beat me to no in Georgia and I have seen weird stuff at the ramp.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Maybe it's one of those new EPA laws?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Registered
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Smile State check in tally so far

Originally Posted by patyacht
OK, time to post up the guy. He was just trying to take advantage........ total BS.
Wow, great response from a lot of states, OSO should be proud to have such a wide user base. Also some very funny comments, and my wife feels pretty good about the support. Thanks.

Patyacht. Don't know who the guy is, but we're getting closer to what state he might live in. We've had 28 states check in so far, plus Canada and DC. All "Never heard of that" except Keith Atlanta in Florida who thought it might be a fishing boat thing, but others from Florida said "Never heard of that", so I'm going with a no from Florida.

So......we still need to hear from, Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Main, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Vermont and Wyoming.

Thanks again for the responses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.