Fed up with WI DNR Boat reg >

Fed up with WI DNR Boat reg

Notices

Fed up with WI DNR Boat reg

Old 05-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hpy540
these MF's here in the center of the state have Napoleon syndrome something horrible! I sat next to 2 of them in a bar one night and all they talked about is ways to doctor charges and charge stack. If I can operate here and have registered some where else, that is what I am going to do. I do not want to give them any more money than i already have.I gave up snowmobiling because of them as well as hunting and fishing.

can I documents and then have the from a neighboring state like MN ? I have heard AZ is the easiest. If I can print out online and have it back on the water by this aft that would be even better. The boat I'd 25,10 LOA. It has couches a bed a grille in the cuddy.

The short dick MF,s don't have the money to go out on the water in their patrol boat these days. So they are hasseling everyone at the landings.

I remember a Timeshop law enforcement es these to protect and serve. Not about "GENERATING REVENUE' the head of DNR went to jail a few yeas back for misappropriation of funds. Sound like his subordinate learned well and is doing the same thing. Just Niger idiot cronies and fill their egos full and turn em loose on the public.
Iowa has some of the cheapest registration and its right next door.
I would think there would be fewer tax/registraion flags and LEO hassles with border state registration vs long distance.

How easy it is to maintain registration in another state can depend on many specifics of WI law and your ability to avoid certain pitfalls. If you store the boat indoors and/or on private property (not a storage facility) you can probably pull it off fairly easy.

The thing is, you must read and understand how the registration and tax laws of both WI and your registered state apply to your specific situation of both summer and winter storage location as well as plausable usage habits.

One of the big benifts to documenation used to be a boat did not have to have state letter identifiers thus no registration. Without registration, there was no easy trail for taxation. Many states have closed that loop hole by saying a documented boat must still be registered, just not issued letter identifiers.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by soldier4402
You can register trailers in Maine for cheap and still keep your title, but that means you need the title first or a transferable registration. I live in NY and trailer is titled in NY but registered in Maine, cost 90 bucks for 5 years, no inspection no re-uping. Big thing is just getting something in your name.

It really amazed me how people own property and never put it in there name at least. I would think insurance is if something were to happen might hassle you if its not legally owned on paper by you.

Personal story just bought a 5th wheel, title is clean and all on it ask the guy whos name is this? Old Owner, its an open title, theres no such thing as an open title where you can just pass it along person to person. So I said OK the title was clean and signed he had a release for the trailer on the lien that obviously wasnt on the title because he didnt techincally own it. Go to the bank and I knew they wouldnt take it, and they didnt. Call the guy back two options you title it or the check goes to old owner, needless to say I got confirmation that he titled it that day.
By law the guy should have registered as you have to run trailer plates in IN. Now maybe he didn't get the title either, IDK. But he didn't know a whole lot about anything.

But IN is not hard to get a title either even if there in no VIN. Basically get a couple of inspections, apply for VIN, then when they give you a VIN, go register and title. Pretty easy other then a couple of trips to DMV.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mcourson
By law the guy should have registered as you have to run trailer plates in IN. Now maybe he didn't get the title either, IDK. But he didn't know a whole lot about anything.

But IN is not hard to get a title either even if there in no VIN. Basically get a couple of inspections, apply for VIN, then when they give you a VIN, go register and title. Pretty easy other then a couple of trips to DMV.
Either way I hate how people dont do the right things from the start, it puts so much pain at transaction time or the buyer after he finds out. I bought a boat in IL, and oh no you dont need a title for the trailer, but oh yes you do. They just decided they didnt need one. I got burned once. My stance is you correct the title or im out as a buyer, I am no longer doing the run around.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
They had always been really good to me except recently when a new lakefront resident who apparently had some pull started calling them anytime a Donzi was running hard on the lake. I had never gotten a water ticket in about 20 years of boating on Lake Oakland. They would try to radar me but it's hard to do from shore . Then Deputy Dipsh!t got his panties in a bunch and came out in his boat and harassed me while we were anchored and relaxing. They had gotten a noise complaint. He ordered me to pull anchor and plane out. Of course I could have flipped the lanyard switch and told him we were dead in the water and could we please get a tow , but I didn't. Instead I flipped on the Q&Q . My guest is a poor swimmer and I let him use my lifeline so I pulled anchor and we started to vest up. He actually told us not to put on our vests because we weren't going far! I sternly told him that we always wear our life vests when on plane and we donned them. Then I planed out and went to the public dock. They (he & his partner) were too stupid to realize that the exhaust was not coming out the tips. He still said that it was way too loud and that we were lucky he didn't have his decibel meter, lol.
Then he scolded us for having a lifeline jacket. I explained that it was an expensive racing vest. When he wouldn't give it up I informed him that there was no law that we even had to wear vests. Then he pulled his ticket pad out. Then I said "oh, you want to see Coast Guard approved ones" and pulled out the neoprenes. That pissed him off and he wrote me up for illegal numbers on the boat. His partner was just quietly shaking his head is disbelief the whole time! That was my only bad experience ever with water cops and my only water ticket ever. I'm glad they are laid off. Some communities are paying for week-end patrols or creating their own marine divisions but Lake Oakland is still a free for all on the week-ends and I don't have to worry about them hiding in the bushes at the launch site with the radar gun during the week . The big lakes is where the fun is anyway but I live almost on Lake Oakland and we used to have a lot of Donzis. Now there are about 4 full time Donzis on the lake.
I am glad they are laid off also. I was at the sand bar on Lake Orion last saturday and some Guido was blaring his rap music so loud we couldnt even hear each other talk . Then his moron buddy drove within 40 feet of all the anchored boats on full plane. At that point I was ready to choke out all them bastards. Decided the best thing to do was pull anchor and go to a quieter part of the lake. Had me wondering if them guys would act the same way if the cops were out there