Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many twin jet drive Vee's have you seen?? >

How many twin jet drive Vee's have you seen??

Notices

How many twin jet drive Vee's have you seen??

Old 05-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts
Default How many twin jet drive Vee's have you seen??

I've been around a long time and not sure I've ever seen one in person until the other day.
Stumbled on one a couple wks ago a mile from here. Didn't have time to look close but stopped on the road and it looks like a late '70's 24' P&D, Excalibur, Superboat style.
Anyone know any history on one?? I know hjow they run have read that much back in the day but thats all I know.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

LightningJet here on the board is building a pretty cool one right now for a customer. Started out life as a run-o-the-mill 230 Chris Stinger and now has a big inch Ford engine with a custom splitter and twin jets. I'm sure he'll see this and put up pics.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 24' Yamaha twin 1100 jet.....

Super fast outta the hole.....but other than that....phuck it. Junk
Old 05-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Registered

Yeah, I'm looking to see who has seen or knows anything of a twin jet deep vee. I remember one of the editors of Powerboat Mag had a twin jet,.... I think 25' Nova that he famously drove into the weeds.
They never worked because as soon as the boat even lifted the bow in shop, let alone skyed, the pumps lost suction and it was done.
Pretty rare pc's though. I'm sure the owner of the one I stumbled on thinks it's a priceless jewel.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This might be the boat that was featured in powerboat. Hard to tell but it looks to be a 24'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUX34...e_gdata_player

Often wondered how this type of conversion would work in a deep V. My guess is 30' older scarab like mine wouldn't run much over 65 but it sure would be reliable!

I love the reliability of my little jet!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOMeb...e_gdata_player
Old 05-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Not original but there is the Glastron cv21 with twin 600hp ls1's. Few videos on You Tube
Old 05-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, I do remember Dick Debartolo from powerboat having a twin jet drive V. If I remember it was a 25 Nova with twin Berkley jet drives. That had to be in the very early 70's. We had a Sidewinder Jet, horrible boat, and then a Sutphin jet, not a low profile 16 but a 18 with a killer 500 + Flagship Marine motor. The jet was so inefficient even with an "A" impeller. I never heard anyone other than Dick D doing a twin jet larger V bottom.
That you tube clip was definitely not a Nova, in fact I think that was a single motor hooked up to 2 jets, very cool.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:33 AM
Registered

I'll definitely have to cruise by and snap a couple pix's cuz it's way different than described here.
Looks like and old deep vee (pre I/O performance boats) that you'd expect to a vee drive in.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one motor two berkely jets.
Attached Thumbnails How many twin jet drive Vee's have you seen??-picture-311.jpg   How many twin jet drive Vee's have you seen??-picture-313.jpg   How many twin jet drive Vee's have you seen??-picture-321.jpg  

How many twin jet drive Vee's have you seen??-picture-327.jpg   How many twin jet drive Vee's have you seen??-picture-344.jpg  
Old 05-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
They never worked because as soon as the boat even lifted the bow in shop, let alone skyed, the pumps lost suction and it was done.
???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.