Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where do you put trash (beer cans) on boat? >

Where do you put trash (beer cans) on boat?

Notices

Where do you put trash (beer cans) on boat?

Old 06-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by machloosy
Close the lid and voila, no-one drinking on this boat sir!!!!
That brings up an interesting point. Is it illegal to have open containers on the boat up there? Just curious. Only law down here is that the driver can't be legally drunk.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
I always thought it was a no brainer - you take a bottle out of the cooler and when you're done, you put it back in.
We do that once the trashcan is full but for some reason I hate digging through an ice chest full of empties. Some OCD thing I guess.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Somewhere along the way we picked up one of these. Works pretty slick as it attaches to any smooth surface with suction cups and holds kitchen trash bags.

http://www.amazon.com/Boatmates-Supe.../dp/B001448VVQ

Last edited by Holy Smokes; 06-15-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Switch to Vodka and just carry ice, bottle, mixer.

No mess - 1 reusable cup.
BINGO! I always encourage my passengers drink hard alcohol.

3 fifths of booz and a couple two liters of mix vs 48 beers. 5 empty bottles at the end of the day vs 48. LOL
Old 06-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
BINGO! I always encourage my passengers drink hard alcohol.

3 fifths of booz and a couple two liters of mix vs 48 beers. 5 empty bottles at the end of the day vs 48. LOL
Yeah, but then you have to deal with a bunch of drunks pouring drinks in your boat all day. I have this image in my head of my cabin covered in cranberry and vodka. I let them drink hard liquor but the rule is, only make drink while in the idle zone or stopped and the cup has to have a lid and a straw.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_man
What if you live in a state where the cans are returnable and they cannot be crushed?
Like Michigan, I suppose if you are worried about the deposit, you really shouldn't own a boat The deposit pays for maybe one gallon of gas...which is about 1.5 miles according to my current calculations, less if I keep pushing the go stick

I toss them in the sink/cooler in front of the passenger seat, then use the sink water to rinse out.

Stupid deposits...

EDIT: Or invite friends from Toledo and tell THEM to bring the deposit free beer

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 06-15-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Registered

We save the better plasitc bags like from Target, Gap, Old Navy etc. (tons around Christmas)
Tougher; less puncture, tear resistant than cheaper plastic grocery bags.
User smaller to medium sized, the huge ones clutter and take up too much space, get heavy.

I would not try to put a large single trash in bilge, too much opening the hatch. Just tie off and start another. (use a master in the bilge if you need multiple containment.
Try to rinse as many cans as possible with just a slosh of water before crushing to minimize sticky drips.

LEO harrassments have gotten worse, I have started policing up tight when leaving. Remove all day's "probable cause evidence" and even suggest a "spacer" for the ride back as long as its not too much of a party buzz kill.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Holy Smokes
Somewhere along the way we picked up one of these. Works pretty slick as it attaches to any smooth surface with suction cups and holds kitchen trash bags.

http://www.amazon.com/Boatmates-Supe.../dp/B001448VVQ
I have one of those as well and it works great for me
Old 06-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

You print up bar codes on full page sticker paper. Slice the bar codes up. Put them on the cans. Bring them to Michigan and get 10 cents each in the machines......Or you could sink them. They won't hurt anything on the bottom will they? Maybe hermit crabs will move into them.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by powerquest_baby!!
thats what i do. Its big, holds alot of cans and is easy to dispose of at the end of the day.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.