Got a warning by the law this weekend. Not happy

Old 07-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sea anchor.....
Old 07-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Registered

My old Mastercraft Prostar put up a wake at idle due to being geared so low. Usually if you tell them its as slow as the boat goes they're ok with it. Doesn't sound like it in your case. You may want to seek them out next time and explain your situation to them, it may help. I would do this prior to any beers though.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

In most states, in a "No wake zone", for safety reasons, you must be able to control the boat at its slowest possible speed. This takes precedence over creating a wake.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by caseyh
Its kinda Agervating after years of doing the same thing then one day its wrong. Not sure how fast to go also anymore. They were also nice about it. Didnt argue with them to keep the peac. They do keep there boats in the marina lol
they have been bad on our side also doing the same thing....they are even on land and telling people slow down then pull them over on by hollering at them.....i heard their is a new dude on yalls side that is mr toughguy/douche and gives tickets all day on $hit like this and you cant argue with him....thats whats he wants

i keep one motor in neutral thru no wakes zones....my problem is i idle the motor in neutral up to 1200rpms so it wont load up and they think its in gear a start tripping out on me to slow down....my wake my be 5" inches
Old 07-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Most places I have been a No Wake Zone had a 5 mph speed limit or at idle with engines in gear to have control of your vessel
Old 07-18-2012, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=MrSneakAttack;3733715]i heard their is a new dude on yalls side that is mr toughguy/douche and gives tickets all day on $hit like this and you cant argue with him....thats whats he wants

If you carry a copy of the regulations, and start to read them while they are aboard and show confidence in the regulations, these guys should back down. Most don't know the regulations very well, they just go by the last guys experience to which they were taught. If they still insist, then mention, the judge did not interpret it that way, but I will clarify once more. As the saying goes "bullies with a badge", they never learn anything correctly.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=97FASTech;3733733]
Originally Posted by MrSneakAttack
i heard their is a new dude on yalls side that is mr toughguy/douche and gives tickets all day on $hit like this and you cant argue with him....thats whats he wants

If you carry a copy of the regulations, and start to read them while they are aboard and show confidence in the regulations, these guys should back down. Most don't know the regulations very well, they just go by the last guys experience to which they were taught. If they still insist, then mention, the judge did not interpret it that way, but I will clarify once more. As the saying goes "bullies with a badge", they never learn anything correctly.
10-4 on that......the coast gaurd comes out to our launch once a summer and does vessel inspections....i bring my boat and they inspect it then they will give paperwork that says i have my $hit together and if i do get pulled over i show the paperwork and roll on....you can also put the sticker they give but i choose not to
Old 07-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

next they will be checking for seat belts...