weekend Outerlimits boating accident on chesapeake bay

Notices

weekend Outerlimits boating accident on chesapeake bay

Old 08-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 737jetmech
Scary for all involved ... Dave and crew are heros in my book ! This is a wake up call for safety on the water .It can happen to anyone at anytime on any type of boat ! ( Great job Dave ! )
I had a chance to meet Dave at the Inn yesterday afternoon. I shook his his hand and showed thanks for what he did for everyone involved. I'm pretty sure he got free lunch.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Kudos to the fast reaction from "Let's Rock" , sounds like his quick thinking saved lives .

Last edited by notda1; 08-20-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
I have my lanyard with a wrist strap that I wear at all times while underway. When i stop I trow it over the throttles to remind me to put it back on when leaving.
On the subject of lanyards and kill switches, I keep an extra set in the glove box (and my crew knows about them and how to use them) in the weird instance I (or the driver) get thrown out and no one else does. If I go out, I take the lanyards with me, shutting down the boat, but someone needs to come get me. My crew can get the extra set, plug them in and rescue me.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Awesome Job "Let's Rock."
Old 08-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
I need a better set up, something easier than my set up^^^like that.....where did you get your wrist strap? is it lanyard specific or did you adapt it from something else like hiking or something?
What I ended up with is purchasing a Wii wrist strap and attaching the loop to the hook on the lanyard. It has the easy to use lock to keep it on your wrist.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Angry Ingnorant Comments Will Be Flamed!

Originally Posted by runafever
A lot of outer limits barell rolling lately.
Wow - what a thoughtful, helpful comment. Ignorant.

As for lanyards, I am +1000 on that. I bought a cheap nylon quick-release dog collar at WalMart (they come in designer styles - I think mine is skull and bones) and wear it around my ankle. Super easy to put on and take off, it doesn't get in the way while driving, and it works! But then again, I am the guy that (almost) always wears a 100MPH life jacket, too.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

The wrist and ankle straps are a great idea....the extra set of lanyards in the glove box makes perfect sense too!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Scagburner
http://www.tresmartinperformance.com...page=out&id=32

I use this one. My boat came with one and I ordered a second one for my bass boat. They work great - I don't even realize it's there.
The Tres Martin ones are really nice and durable. I have two on my skater and where them on my ankle or clip it to the lifeline when running hard. Nice Product.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I never thought of PWC stuff.....A wrist or ankle set up would be cool...I need something easy to put on so I use it EVERY time.....having a runaway boat would be awful.....
Old 08-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry to hear about the roll, but it is a pleasure to hear about the actions of the "Let's Rock" boat. You don't hear about many self-less acts these days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.