Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
weekend Outerlimits boating accident on chesapeake bay >

weekend Outerlimits boating accident on chesapeake bay

Notices

weekend Outerlimits boating accident on chesapeake bay

Old 08-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happens very quick and could have been any one of us. Thank god everyone will be OK.

D.G. you are the man!!! Thank You for what you did.

Let it be a reminder to all of us every time we get on ANY boat. You hear it every season but when it happens in your back yard to good friends and neighbors it hits home a little harder.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Registered

(Let's Rock) You Rock. What a great thing You did. I know most people would try to help in anyway that that they could. But You did do this. It would be nice to hear how You did this. You never know. Other people may have to do this an your input may save more lives. Thanks Artie
Old 08-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by akaboatman
(Let's Rock) You Rock. What a great thing You did. I know most people would try to help in anyway that that they could. But You did do this. It would be nice to hear how You did this. You never know. Other people may have to do this an your input may save more lives. Thanks Artie

+1

Great job man. Really would like to know specifics as to how it worked. Truly a selfless act, way to go!
Old 08-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Personally, I don't like it on my hand/wrist. I don't even like it there when riding a PWC.

I use a generic PWC lanyard that I bought from Overtons.com, and I have a small carabiner I picked up at Lowes or Home Depot. I clip the lanyard over the bottom of my shorts or to the waistband. It keeps it completely out of the way, and I still can move across the boat if I need to. You can get any of these items in a multitude of colors to match your boat as well vs. the stock Merc red cord setup which goes to crap within a few outings.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...7&merchID=4006

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...7&merchID=4006

Just snip the plastic PWC kill switch rings off the end with a large pair of dykes, and stick the loose end of the lanyard into your kill switch. It works perfect, but make sure you test it by RIPPING it out, not just a simple tug.

Pretty much...the wrist thing lasted 5 minutes with me. I used a nylon loose fitting belt around my waist and clipped the carabiner to it. I never knew anything was there and it was so out of my thoughts that a few times I left my bolster and wound up shutting the boat off!
Old 08-20-2012, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

wow
Old 08-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrat's to the crew of "Lets Rock" for being there and taking action to stop the run a way boat. Truly going above and beyond for a fellow boater and passengers... Thank You...
Old 08-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn! Give it up for Let's Rock. That's impressive and beyond selfless and heroic.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered

I had the pleasure to meet Dave on Sunday and hear him talk about the incident....simply incredible what he did to protect those individuals in the water
Old 08-20-2012, 03:24 PM

Default Is this really topic?

So why would people want to talk about this on OSO?

I wish i never saw this post!

The person who started this should delete it!

JUST MY .02
Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 PM
DRG
Registered

I want to thank everybody for all the support on FB and OSO and to let everyone know that when people are in trouble you do what ever it takes to get them safe and out of harms way..... I would think that someone would do the same as I did if ever put in that situation. Its great news that everybody will be on the water again.... get well to crew of OL...and thanks again.

Sincerely,
The Crew of "LETS ROCK"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.