Notices

575Sci Owners

Old 08-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by troper
From what I've learned from Dyers the 8-71's are more efficient and will produce less heat running at 5% over than the 256's. At 5% over it 5-6 pounds of boost. Waiting on Fedex to get here with the lower pullies so i can fire this up. Funny thing my wife was asking question about the Blowers and I was telling here that these would whin more than the old ones. She said she like the wining sound and was wonder would go faster.......
I thought for the blower noise on our boat was going to be the death of me my with future wife, figured it would be a tell tale sign that I was on it and she would ask me to slow down.....go figure, she is just like yours, she loves it and I feel as if the noise excites her more than I ever could
Old 08-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never fails...FedEx lost the package with my lower pulleys.....
Old 08-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
ahh.. Lean something new every day. If I had no chillers I would have not have to have scoops in my sun deck Leads me to think. Next refresh . Better rods.. JE pistons.... New blowers with the chillers.. Maybe I could be running 850's.. But then I'd need new drives .. lol
Hurry up. I'll take your blowers.
Rob
Old 08-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
ahh.. Lean something new every day. If I had no chillers I would have not have to have scoops in my sun deck Leads me to think. Next refresh . Better rods.. JE pistons.... New blowers with the chillers.. Maybe I could be running 850's.. But then I'd need new drives .. lol
You had to cut scoops in the deck or your fountain? Mine seems to have pleanty of room, 2002. My close friend has the same boat 2004 with super chillers on the stock blowers and did not need to cut, semi staggered.

The blower shop blowers you have are 250s right? Are they that much taller than the stock 256's or do you have giant chillers? My arresters have got to be almost a ft below the deck stock
Old 08-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I put the Super Chillers on mine. On the rear engine I drilled one 1" hole up to the second layer of plywood in the hatch to clear one of the arrestor studs. On the forward engine I cut out an oval in the hatch on the first layer of plywood. The hatches are double layered plywood and I didn't need to touch the second layer. I covered the bare wood with vinyl, sanded the cut and painted it white with something really thick. It looks like white plastic. Then I put white piping where the two pieces of plywood join.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
You had to cut scoops in the deck or your fountain? Mine seems to have pleanty of room, 2002. My close friend has the same boat 2004 with super chillers on the stock blowers and did not need to cut, semi staggered.

The blower shop blowers you have are 250s right? Are they that much taller than the stock 256's or do you have giant chillers? My arresters have got to be almost a ft below the deck stock
My motors are high. Headers are 5/8 from the gunnel in the rear
Old 08-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 MAIDEN AMERICA
Hurry up. I'll take your blowers.
Rob
Old 09-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finish the install and took it out yesterday afternoon. She ran great with no problems. 97degrees and I did 1 WOT run, boost was right at 5 lbs spinning Lab 30P and hitting the rev limiter. solid 85 MPH. Did not think I would be that fast with a non step 12000lbs boat. I am a happy camper. If anyone is thinking about doing this upgrade to the 575, don't hesitate it's well worth it. Let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Thumbnails 575Sci Owners-complete.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks great. I'll be upgrading blowers also this winter. Can't decide weather to get the TBS 575 replacement or go bigger with hatch mods.

-My Weiand 256's were refreshed by TBS about 100 hrs ago. Still make all the boost but rattle at idle. (just off idle they sound fine) It's a bit unnerving. Is this normal? How sloppy can the gear drive get before the rotors start to bump?

Kurt
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a link to our 575sci conversions to 871s.

Polished 871s are $3750.00 per engine.

http://www.dyersblowers.com/187/1676.html

Bill Dyer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.