Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not a Fountain fan. As a matter of fact I really don't care for the styling at all. But this is personal opinion based on styling alone. As far as blaming the boat or its design on this accident I don't see it at all. Like them or not, Founatin performance and history speaks for itself. Regardless of wether or not the driver was experienced, a professional, etc..... He was overdriving the boat and conditions. I am sure it wasn't intentional but I don't see the boat design being to blame at all. 100% driver error.

And for the record, I am NOT an expert. Nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night......
Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by redstinger
I wanted to addr what a previous poster said, that the guy was doing 50-60mph...no f...ing way!!! This guy is doing at least 70, if not faster.

And blaming whoever originally posted this on OSO, saying that the ins industry is going to see this and raise our rates, come on, it was on ABC and CBS news, and Youtube...everybody could see it already.

If as stated, the driver is an experienced perf driver, then does the fact that it was a Fountain have anything to do with this. I know when I look at Fountains on a trailer, the back 25% of the bottom is like a flat bottom bottom boat, great for speed, but nothing to bite into if it starts to walk one way or another...experts enlighten me!!

You saw one on a trailer once??? Seriously? Ya that hull also holds the speed record. Prob the safest fast boat you can buy, PERIOD. You just need to DRIVE one

Find the full video and watch it in slow mo. Look close at the right hand and the wake behind the boat. Just before he hit the wave he turned hard right and started chopping the sticks. Now I am not a professional racer, however if I wanted to spin a boat out I would most likely do EXACTLY what he did to cause this spin.

Last edited by 4bus; 12-06-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Old 12-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
You saw one on a trailer once??? Seriously? Ya that hull also holds the speed record. Prob the safest fast boat you can buy, PERIOD. You just need to DRIVE one

Find the full video and watch it in slow mo. Look close at the right hand and the wake behind the boat. Just before he hit the wave he turned hard right and started chopping the sticks. Now I am not a professional racer, however if I wanted to spin a boat out I would most likely do EXACTLY what he did to cause this spin.
See Number 7

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/peopl...e-day-than-you

Enjoy!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by redstinger
I wanted to addr what a previous poster said, that the guy was doing 50-60mph...no f...ing way!!! This guy is doing at least 70, if not faster.

And blaming whoever originally posted this on OSO, saying that the ins industry is going to see this and raise our rates, come on, it was on ABC and CBS news, and Youtube...everybody could see it already.

If as stated, the driver is an experienced perf driver, then does the fact that it was a Fountain have anything to do with this. I know when I look at Fountains on a trailer, the back 25% of the bottom is like a flat bottom bottom boat, great for speed, but nothing to bite into if it starts to walk one way or another...experts enlighten me!!
I'm no expert by far, but he was way out of his element. He didn't have any jackets on anyone in the boat! How dumb is that?

Anyway, I really doubt that if that boat had a "pad", that it had anything to do with the event. Funny no mechanical failures from that I've heard of.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Registered

Most people that have been through the course will know , Stern of the boat is the heaviest, and wants to come forward when thrust is removed. Plain simple,,, there more to it that, but just one of the things that will happen.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Any truth to something I read where a Statement! behaves perfectly when power is cut? I've heard where it's one of the best-mannered HP boats in existence. Granted, at the price, it should be pretty nice
Old 12-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Any truth to something I read where a Statement! behaves perfectly when power is cut? I've heard where it's one of the best-mannered HP boats in existence. Granted, at the price, it should be pretty nice
No expert but passing in a crowd of boats why not outside??To narrow?? !Then on&off with throttles !?This shows he was not sure what to do!When any boat nose dives&hooks or whatever happened?Wave jump gone bad whould be a good title!!Lucky to be alive!!Also was a good size boat??Sad!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Tres
Most people that have been through the course will know , Stern of the boat is the heaviest, and wants to come forward when thrust is removed. Plain simple,,, there more to it that, but just one of the things that will happen.
It sure is nice to hear from someone who actually knows how to drive a performance boat and not the peanut gallery mostly heard from on this long, idiotic, uninformed post!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Anpother thing nobody has even mentioned, even if there is training involved, a panic can make you throw that right out the window, hopefully not, but it can happen... everyone is perfect on the computer, mistakes happen, its reality... trained or not trained..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.