Notices

Why is LOTO so great?

Old 09-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only been to LOTO once and had a ball for the shootout but i have to say the water was nasty when compared to Cumberland. It is really cool to have the bars and marina's everywhere but the WP were pricks the whole time we were there and that took some getting used to. I will definetly return to LOTO and i'd also love to check out Kentucky lake for their poker run.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been going to LOTO for years and have a place there now. That said, I will admit to loving it less than I used to. There is a disturbing trend of the "I have more money than brains and a very small penis" crowd coming in and buying these stupid huge 50' plus cruisers that plow water and generally tear up the lake. They really need to do something about the size of boats allowed on the lake, it's still a lake for god's sake!
Don't get me wrong I love the big boats as much as the next guy, but they belong in a BIG body of water, not an inland lake.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
I have been going to LOTO for years and have a place there now. That said, I will admit to loving it less than I used to. There is a disturbing trend of the "I have more money than brains and a very small penis" crowd coming in and buying these stupid huge 50' plus cruisers that plow water and generally tear up the lake. They really need to do something about the size of boats allowed on the lake, it's still a lake for god's sake!
Don't get me wrong I love the big boats as much as the next guy, but they belong in a BIG body of water, not an inland lake.
We have a dock on the main channel and this is definitely one of the biggest negatives to the lake. The water is rough on the dock and ramp. However, if Ameren does not put a limit on boat displacement, then we have a choice to move or deal with the wakes. We've chosen to deal with the wakes and keep a great view. And we're at the 3.5mm of the Osage... gotta be worse further upstream, especially during Shootout weekend.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRL505
Lake is filthy, over-developed, overrated, infected with ecoli and full of morons who think they know how to drive boats..but cause more accidents than any other inland body of water in the nation.

It does have the Shootout...which is an amazing collection of Hardware once a year. That is it.

The fact that it is NOT a Corps lake and it has ZERO covenants has turned it into a cess pool.

Just because "Lots" of people go there, does not make it a good lake. "Lots" of people eat McDonalds, and "Lots" of people voted for Obama..this does not constitue good taste or judgement.
Never been to Loto, love to some day, This post has me laughing my a&& off!!! Sounds like one of my snowmobile forums I'm on where the local tell you its crappy and conditions are terrible to try and keep us from coming to their litttle piece of heaven, the when we get there its lights out AWESOME, I'm thinking the same goes with your analogy I won't tell
Old 09-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As much as I like the lake you are right on.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
However, if Ameren does not put a limit on boat displacement,
Careful, some of the locals might think you're cruiser bashing.

For us it is a love/hate relationship. The Lake has a lot to offer but we only boat in it once or twice during the summer and a handful of times in October. It is just not worth it for us, because we just cannot seem to relax while there. Either it's worrying about the rough water and unpredictable waves or worrying about the boat in the slip while we are visiting a stop.

We drive past The Lake every time we take a long weekend and drive for another 2-3 hours just to relax and enjoy the water and boat.

But there sure is something in the [drinking] water that makes The Lake so appealing.

BTW SummerObsession, I could have used your support the other day.

Last edited by TW720HVY; 09-05-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Registered

oK you have a 40 foot skater and think there too many big boats! Damn how big are the boats on this lake?
Old 09-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad
oK you have a 40 foot skater and think there too many big boats! Damn how big are the boats on this lake?
50' - 70' cruisers and a ton of 35'-40' cruisers and some 47 foutains and lots of 40 footers
Old 09-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Vs. Florida - NO SALT!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
LOTO is quite possibly the best for what type of lake it is. But if someone wants something more like Tablerock, why not do better and keep going south a little further and hit Beaver Lake in Arkansas?
This man is dilusional and probably heavily under the influence of alcohol. Do NOT listen to anything he says.

I prefer to keep this little unknown secret to myself. :-)

Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.