Performance boat school trained or untrained

Notices

Performance boat school trained or untrained

Old 09-19-2012, 08:45 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
You my friend are a good man and yes there are still some of us real gearheads around . I rarely find more amusement than hovering over a friends bilge admiring the masterpiece he built with his own two hands .
Damn right! If I didn't have my father or a few other old school gear head guys to show me things over the last 15 years or so I would not know my head from my azz.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You would never make that statement if you have ever been to a dragstrip or road course when a guy shows up with a new "weapon" and proceeds to try and duplicate performance he has read about in a car magazine! I have seen brand new 911 Turbos go a$$ backwards into the tire wall with less than 200 miles on the clock...... Too much car, not enough talent! Ever seen a kid in a 400 HP Mustang get sideways on the dragstrip and go 45 degrees into the wall after a hard 2nd gear slap?
You know what man I think most of us have been there. Seen it many times on the road corse and even autoX. But there is NO and I mean NO way to help those kind of guys.

THEY ARE NOT GEARHEADS! PERIOD! They are guys with money. Money buys stuff.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Really? Has it been determined who the dude with the Fountain is? And how much so called experience he had racing? Just curious cause I haven't seen it anywhere else.
Post #99 in the Loto Fountain crash thread by DrReedJ:

Hey guys, I was a passenger in this boat during the accident. Yes, there are many cardinal rules broken. The most important one I feel is no life jackets worn. As crazy as it seems, we had jackets for each person but as the poker run began we realized no one else was wearing them..... How foolish we were. I have read so many nasty comments on YouTube and other sites I am in shock. My wife suffered 4 broken ribs, punctured lung and a broken foot. She has not left the house since getting home. She is in severe pain. The driver crushed his eye orbital and broke hus back at T8 ( he is a former F-2 racer with APBA). Another passenger who raced professionally for many years broke his pelvis in several places and is in a wheelchair. One of the other girls crushed her eye orbital also. The guy from lake tv fractured his hip and broke his wrist. My injuries were minor compared, busted my head open and damaged a rib or two. Everyone is black and blue. This was a very upsetting event for everyone involved. I have been around powerboats for many years and it only takes on unguarded minute to loose a life or permanently hurt people you love. I am very thankful this did not end up worse. I hope everyone learns from this. I know I will boat differently. All of the guys in the boat are members of OSO. I think it is necessary to break down the accident and discuss this, just remember these are real people who like you who love power boating and do it every weekend.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. Read that post. Seems that noone could verify the info though. I for one am skeptical. Back to the thread at hand...
Old 09-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to take the class and I would gladly shell out the $1500 for it if I could get it to workout with my schedule. I would simply consider that part of the cost of my little mini vacation.

I am far from made of money. I have a small(er), slow(er) boat, but I think the $1500 would be money well spent when you look at the potential increase in the ability to safely handle my boat, especially when my friends and family are on my boat on a regular basis.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Thanks. Read that post. Seems that noone could verify the info though. I for one am skeptical. Back to the thread at hand...
Jay

I would have been suspicious too but the guy that posted it was aboard during the crash....giving him more credibility than anyone else on that whole thread.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

I'm not saying this applies to previous posts in this thread but I'm sure there are owners that will spend $1500-$2000 on new sun pad upholstery or stereo amps or some blingy anodized gauges and also say they cannot afford the course. Then there's also the ego factor, who wants to be told how to do it correctly or how they've been doing it wrong especially if the wife is around. Just remember water always wins once you screw up.
ed
Old 09-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

How much time is spent with this class? I looked at the site and did not see the amount of time. My road racing classes ran about 300 over two days. Is there a by the hour option?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:50 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trained and worth every cent!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 09-20-2012, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billr
trained and worth every cent!
+ 1 !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.