Performance boat school  trained or untrained >

Performance boat school trained or untrained

Notices

Performance boat school trained or untrained

Old 09-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys - sorry if I pulled this thread off track. I fully support good training in any form from anyone and this training in particular and have been seeking it out since buying my OL.

I don't support characterizing persons who have not obtained a type or specific brand of training as Dbags that don't value their family or have their priorities out of whack. If someone holds such beliefs or does support such characterizations, I suggest you start an intervention thread and see how many show up to receive your pearls of wisdom...

R/S,

db
Old 09-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DucBoy
Guys - sorry if I pulled this thread off track. I fully support good training in any form from anyone and this training in particular and have been seeking it out since buying my OL.

I don't support characterizing persons who have not obtained a type or specific brand of training as Dbags that don't value their family or have their priorities out of whack. If someone holds such beliefs or does support such characterizations, I suggest you start an intervention thread and see how many show up to receive your pearls of wisdom...

R/S,

db
Winning! As I stated before, it's nice to see someone with big power being humble. Maybe it's me but lawdy does it seem like this site is plagued with people who feel they need to prove a point. Luckily, those individuals are overshadowed by the majority who are here to do something good with their time and experience.

Hey, it's nice to see those individuals skipped over my proposition too. It's easy to judge another but not so easy to step up to the plate to make a point valid through actions.

Last edited by Sunny32SSR; 09-20-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownLPX

Hey, it's nice to see those individuals skipped over my proposition too. It's easy to judge another but not so easy to step up to the plate to make a point valid through actions.
Maybe you should vote for Obama, he will take care of you!

Why not call Tres, ask to take the course with a money back guarantee? Pay for it, take the course and if you don't feel like you learned anything then you get a full refund? Seems everyone who has taken it, even with years of performance boating and many different boats felt like it was money well spent! Why not take the initiative yourself, invest in yourself and not propose for others to take care of you?

Obviously if the course was a rip off, people would be lightning fast to report back!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

Why not call Tres, ask to take the course with a money back guarantee? Pay for it, take the course and if you don't feel like you learned anything then you get a full refund? Seems everyone who has taken it, even with years of performance boating and many different boats felt like it was money well spent! Why not take the initiative yourself, invest in yourself and not propose for others to take care of you?

Obviously if the course was a rip off, people would be lightning fast to report back!
Thanks for taking the bait, Jupiter. Please, feel free to take the time to read back over my previous posts. I was making a point and you proved my point. For that, I thank you. Comments such as yours pigeon hole others. I never stated it wasn't worth the investment. In reality, it is just that, an investment.

I wont hash up the past and where the government has been there to assist others in times of need. For some, I believe it serves a genuine purpose and while for others they take advantage of what's available to them. Similar to the sport, the unfortunate outcomes of the actions of a few do not define the sentiments and actions of the entire population.

By the way, I did vote for Obama and I will again. I'll save that conversation for a non-boating related thread.

Last edited by Sunny32SSR; 09-20-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:32 AM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

Jup, who said it was not worth the money? I know I didn't.

It's always the same thing. Be safe, do it for our sport, etc.....

Like I said if this was real gearheads that cared about the sport they would try their best to educate. @ $2500 a pop you pretty much know what boating niche they are after. The BALLERS.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:35 AM
CLA
Registered

Example: I ran from Kehma to Galveston a few weekends ago with two sunsations running in the group. One was the susation dealer in Houston (he said). That boat was broke down on the way back and everyone was trying to help him. I gave him my $40.00 fuse kit to get the boat going again. Maybe I should send him a bill???? I see this as almost the same thing.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Registered

Just to put it in perspective:

$1500 cost would probably be less than the deductible in any insurance claim! The LOTO guy in the Fountain crash lost $300 in sunglasses alone in that video ($100 a pair guesstimate)! What do you think the lawyers fees will add up to, he paid for a poker run he didn't participate in (no event dinner, prizes etc) so what was the "opportunity cost" of that ($200-500 including extra crew). Boat towing costs, you know TowBoat/SeaTow love to circle events like these! How about lost wages? How many weeks of work are the injured people missing? Forget damage to the boat and the medical costs, look at all the ancillary damages that insurance certainly will not cover......

I would bet the next Powerball jackpot that if you interviewed the driver today and asked if $1500 is too much for a powerboat driving class he would easily agree that it would have been money well spent! I would bet he has spent $1500 on prescription pills to ease his recovery!

That being said, Tres did mention that the accident was totally avoidable (to rule out wake, cruisers and any other acts of God excuses) and even offered an explanation on one specific thing that set the boat on the path of trouble.....aggressive throttling pushed the weight (momentum) of the boat forward unloading the stern so when the waves knocked it side to side the stern was simply spun from being "unloaded"
Old 09-20-2012, 09:40 AM
CLA
Registered

I just don't agree. The guy in the fountain was and is an IDIOT. No amount of training would help that guy. He made so many bad decisions it's pretty easy to see that he is NOT motorsport cordinated.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrownLPX
Thanks for taking the bait, Jupiter. Please, feel free to take the time to read back over my previous posts. I was making a point and you proved my point. For that, I thank you. Comments such as yours pigeon hole others. I never stated it wasn't worth the investment. In reality, it is just that, an investment.

I wont hash up the past and where the government has been there to assist others in times of need. For some, I believe it serves a genuine purpose and while for others they take advantage of what's available to them. Similar to the sport, the unfortunate outcomes of the actions of a few do not define the sentiments and actions of the entire population.

By the way, I did vote for Obama and I will again. I'll save that conversation for a non-boating related thread.
Your post #21:
for now, it's more important for me to pay my bills, add to savings and pay my $1500 a month child support than squander my savings and step out from my responsibilities as a father and business professional to run off to take this course. in the interim, I will continue to boat safely within my abilities

Squander defintion: to spend extravagantly or foolishly : dissipate, waste

You either don't know the definition of squander or you simply forgot what you said.....
Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CLA
Jup, who said it was not worth the money? I know I didn't.

It's always the same thing. Be safe, do it for our sport, etc.....

Like I said if this was real gearheads that cared about the sport they would try their best to educate. @ $2500 a pop you pretty much know what boating niche they are after. The BALLERS.
CLA

I was quoting Crown, so he was who I was responding to/referencing. BTW $1500 or 2500 isn't the kings ransom, ever priced a big poker run like KW? $800 to get you in the run, $750 hotel, $600 fuel, $300 dockage and you still have booze, meals etc on top of that and of course your travel expense to get you and your boat to the run! KW PR is a $3,000 event all day long IF nothing breaks and you live in Florida!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.