Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Enging compartment filled with seawater........ >

Enging compartment filled with seawater........

Notices

Enging compartment filled with seawater........

Old 11-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Default Thinking of buying new boat

Originally Posted by brian18330
My problem, like most peoples is the boat i currently have. Does any dealers trade in boats? Just doesnt seem possible to sell it in this economy. Thanks
Somehow I don`t think it worked out too bad for ol Brian
Old 11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowtiepower00
If you read the OP's original thread on the subject, he did make an effort to rescue/ move the boat prior to the storm. Due to trouble with his tow vehicle he was unable to tow said boat to his residence in a neighboring state. The OP did what he could to get his boat out, he did not "sit on his couch" waiting for a handout.

Frankly, it is not possible to fully prepare for a storm of this magnitude. (Unless you have the resourses to build a concrete bunker)

To the OP, sorry for your loss, you obivously "care about your stuff" and did what you could to prepare. Good luck to you and everyone else who is dealing with the aftermath of this terrible storm.
Thanks
Old 11-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Registered

[ICDEDPPL Oh really!? Were you not getting the same news we were here?? People were getting evacuated, yeah that means its just going to rain hard DE DE DEEEE!![/QUOTE]

man you really got a stick up your ass over this storm, you must be laughing at all the lives lost, homes destroyed, cars and boats destroyed, they all should have known better huh, hope nothing unexpected ever happens in your life, douch bag

it was a record storm surge you dick, that means it has never happened before retard
Old 11-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Somehow I don`t think it worked out too bad for ol Brian
So, if I'm following this correctly..... I created a hurricane then faked a brake line breaking on my truck, purposely took the plug out, all because I, like thousands of other boat owners would like to trade up my boat? If that was the case, I would have left my Vette in the garage, the truck hooked to the boat at the launch on Lbi, and all 3 of my jetskis at the house.
Yeah, you got me.
While I am throwing out all of my children's toys and all our stuff at the house tomorrow, getting all the mud out of the house with a snow shovel, watching my wife cry as our family weekend home that represents nothing but laughter and happiness is reduced to a shyt smelling mud hole I'll be thrilled that I might possibly get my boat paid off for all this hell we are going through. Azshole.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This storm will top 50 billion in damage, somehow I don't think one 30 Baja is going to make much difference in insurance rates.

I was in BHW today its bad, Brian if you need help next weekend let me know.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
This storm will top 50 billion in damage, somehow I don't think one 30 Baja is going to make much difference in insurance rates.

I was in BHW today its bad, Brian if you need help next weekend let me know.
Thanks, I am going down tomorrow to try to clean up some and get the boat. I tried to tow it the other day but the wheels just lock up. I'm thinking it's from the muck in the water caking up in the drums. Hopefully I can just take them apart and clean them up. There was a good show on the weather channel on Sandy tonight, they said it's possible this will be the most expensive storm in history.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian18330
**update ** I just looked in the boat, not good. Everthing is shorted out, no power. The engine compartment was pretty full, the cabin still has a couple feet left in it. Looked in the access covers on the floor and it was just wet and muck. The pulleys are already rusting. I'll call the insurance company tonight. What will they do about the trailer?
That sucks bro...
I feel really bad for all the millions of people over there right now....
Hope everything works out.

Don't let all the keyboard warrior experts, hundreds of miles away distract you from getting things back on track.

mb.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Registered

Just a question but where do all of these totaled boats go after the insurance takes them?
Is it an insurance pool or is there someplace that the public has a chance to buy them?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1987pachanga22
Just a question but where do all of these totaled boats go after the insurance takes them?
Is it an insurance pool or is there someplace that the public has a chance to buy them?
Yup, they will be put up for sale if it all possible.
Buyer beware!

mb.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Seems I deserve a big kick in the balls

OOOOps I feel like a dick now knowing that info. I thought it was just your boat...I~ll shut up now, sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.