Notices

Engine Hatch Redesign

Old 11-13-2012, 10:31 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Engine Hatch Redesign

No matter what i do with my engine i will have to redesign the engine hatch . The engine sits high and the flame arrestor already is up in the scoop . Headers keep it from closing by about 1 1/2" . I need something low profile and sleek looking on the sides and aft that will also afford splash protection . The forward section needs to be high enough to make rear seating comfortable and nice looking . The top part of the engine and headers will have to be exposed and should look hot that way . Any ideas on how to go about this ?? At this point i am at a loss because this is something i can't do myself and it look moffesional ... Boats = Change one thing and then you must change ten other things to make it work !!
PS: Lightweight but strong would be a bonus , this one is really heavy and ugly .

Old 11-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

did one similar to that several years ago on a Force Cat. Quite a bit shorter but similar none the less. Are you looking to do finished glass or upholstered? lightweight and strong is not a stretch these days.
Attached Thumbnails Engine Hatch Redesign-hatch-028.jpg   Engine Hatch Redesign-hatch-026.jpg  
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Save time and $$$$$ like this guy...... 1X4 with drywall screws and your back in water within minutes styling like the big boys.

He came in for us to fix his engine rigging but because of funding issues we sent him on his way with only pictures taken for future reference.
Attached Thumbnails Engine Hatch Redesign-img_0381.jpg   Engine Hatch Redesign-img_0386.jpg  

Last edited by brian41; 11-14-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the deep. Can You post a picture of the hatch open. That would show more of what You need. I'm sure Glass Dave can build a beautiful lid. Artie
Old 11-14-2012, 08:03 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by brian41
Save time and $$$$$ like this guy...... 1X4 with drywall screws and your back in water within minutes styling like the big boys.

He came in for us to fix his engine rigging but because of funding issues we sent him on his way with only pictures taken for future reference.
Can't get much sexier than that right there .
Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by akaboatman
the deep. Can You post a picture of the hatch open. That would show more of what You need. I'm sure Glass Dave can build a beautiful lid. Artie
I will take pics and post tomorrow . Going to be pretty busy today .
Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by glassdave
did one similar to that several years ago on a Force Cat. Quite a bit shorter but similar none the less. Are you looking to do finished glass or upholstered? lightweight and strong is not a stretch these days.
Finished glass or upholstered , at this point i'm undecided . That hatch is very similar to what i have in mind minus the scoop .
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finished glass would look great on Your boat. IMO. Artie
Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Finished glass would look the best, however a foam pad and vinyl would most likely be cheaper
Old 11-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

22 Eliminator Daytonas had similar hatches to yours and I never did like them. Not a big fan of the humped up type hatch. Just looks out of place. On my buds 21 daytona jet he went with 2 half hatches that go around the motor/headers/blower vs over it. It looks much better than the hump. I believe they are hinged to open toward the sides of the boat and are easily removable. I will try to dig up some pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.