Notices

Lake Levels in 2013...

Old 12-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisf695
I know its only early December... but looking at my lake(Inland) being down 2.5ft... Im a little worried that here in MI that the levels aren't really going to improve that much over the winter... I know I might be ok in the spring or the first half of summer... but I thinking i may have a really short season next year because of this...

Anyone feel the same?
Lake Ontario just hit a 50-yr low, with all of the great lakes expected to be at record low levels by April. Not good for Spring boating.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:22 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

My home reservoir Blue Mesa Reservoir, largest body of water in Colorado (only 9000 acres) Sixty miles west of the Continental Divide is over 70 vertical feet down from full pool. The second lowest it has ever been since the dam was built in 63.

Right now we are started on a real crappy snow year if we don't get ALOT of snow soon We won't have much boating here. Or irrigation water.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
Lake Ontario just hit a 50-yr low, with all of the great lakes expected to be at record low levels by April. Not good for Spring boating.
This season I barely made it out of the marina for final haul out in October. The water is so low that the big rocks in the channel caused 8 bent prop blades. If the water level doesn't get better, half the boats in the marina cannot get in or out next season. As it is in the start of the season on Lake Ontario there were places I had just 6 inches to play with and not worry about rocks.

One of the other boats bought side scan sonar and put it on the small tender to mark rocks for next season.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 AM
VIP Member

Water levels across the U.S. are all down. Question is, where did it all go ?? There is a pretty set amount of water on the planet. It just gets moved around in cycles.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smitty
Water levels across the U.S. are all down. Question is, where did it all go ?? There is a pretty set amount of water on the planet. It just gets moved around in cycles.
Probably sitting on shelves called bottled water. This may sound stupid, but any time I see someone throw away a plastic water bottle with water in it, I cant help but think its probably stuck in there forever.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Levels in 2013...-539w.jpg  
Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea Lake Lanier is going way down this time! I move my dock out every Wednesday!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Let it snow and rain EVERYWHERE All of the lakes and rivers that we use here in Fl. seem to be full. And of course if we boat in the ICW, it's always at sea level.......
Old 12-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Here in PA, our lake got low enough at the end of the season that I was barely able to get on my trailer at haul out time. However, we've had a lot of rain thru the fall plus Super Storm Sandy so we are back to normal I believe. Fingers crossed for the Spring and for everyone else across the USA.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boo Hoo ...you guys are complaining about 2.5 ft , Lake Mead is down over 101 ft right now ! We need snow in the Rockies !
Old 12-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Here in CT we get in the mid 50s for inches in precipitation for the year (snow/rain). We're 20 inches behind in rain. It doesn't rain here anymore...even that stupid hurricane that ripped our area didn't dump much rain, just wind and water piling up.

We're pumping pretty much sediment in our well the past month, I suspect there's going to be some serious water issues soon. We have miserable weather, but it's mostly drizzle that has no accumulation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.