Notices

Lake Levels in 2013...

Old 12-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Yea Lake Lanier is going way down this time! I move my dock out every Wednesday!
Ya no kidding. I move ours out just about every weekend. Hope we get some rain before spring/summer

Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Texas Levels

Out of all these lakes / reservoirs I count only 5 being at level or slightly above. Texas and the west / mid west / plains, are all in need of rain bad. Pic shows drought affected ares:

http://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/statewide
Old 12-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GAZ
My home reservoir Blue Mesa Reservoir, largest body of water in Colorado (only 9000 acres) Sixty miles west of the Continental Divide is over 70 vertical feet down from full pool. The second lowest it has ever been since the dam was built in 63.

Right now we are started on a real crappy snow year if we don't get ALOT of snow soon We won't have much boating here. Or irrigation water.
It's not looking any better here in Utah.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HALLETT FAN
Boo Hoo ...you guys are complaining about 2.5 ft , Lake Mead is down over 101 ft right now ! We need snow in the Rockies !

If we had 101 feet we wouldn't complain either, zip it and go make some sno-cones

Last edited by BBCLiberator; 12-12-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Registered

Boo Hoo ...you guys are complaining about 2.5 ft , Lake Mead is down over 101 ft right now ! We need snow in the Rockies !
That's an incredible drop; how do your launch ramps and marinas cope with that? Since the levels of the great lakes don't typically change that much, and also due to the rough water on the lakes, most marinas and launch ramps are located in the shallower protected bays, inlets, etc. Because of that, if the water levels drop more than a couple feet, many of those areas can become completely cutoff.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

And the SoCal area is going to need De-salination plants soon if the Col River water situation doesn't improve........
Old 12-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

One of the great benefits of LOTO is that it will typically be very close to "normal" pool year around, each and every year.

When I travel around and see some lakes I shake my head in disbelief. If there is only so much water on this earth, and it doesn't go away, and the polar ice is melting, then where in the fock is it?

Didn't Al Gore say that New York would be underwater by now?
Old 12-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GAZ
My home reservoir Blue Mesa Reservoir, largest body of water in Colorado (only 9000 acres) Sixty miles west of the Continental Divide is over 70 vertical feet down from full pool. The second lowest it has ever been since the dam was built in 63.

Right now we are started on a real crappy snow year if we don't get ALOT of snow soon We won't have much boating here. Or irrigation water.
thought it looked really low when I passed through in october...go through there every year about the same time...you guys had a crappy sled season last year too right???
Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
That's an incredible drop; how do your launch ramps and marinas cope with that? Since the levels of the great lakes don't typically change that much, and also due to the rough water on the lakes, most marinas and launch ramps are located in the shallower protected bays, inlets, etc. Because of that, if the water levels drop more than a couple feet, many of those areas can become completely cutoff.
You should see the bullfrog ramp its got to be 1/4 mile long , ya have to pack a lunch to walk up to the parking area
Old 12-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Registered

And didn't al gore buy an ocean front property...right after spewing all this nonsense about ocean levels rising due to polar ice melts...complete crap, but he raked it in.
We had drought this past summer as well- river's and lakes all low but 3 yrs ago we had record snowfall amounts... so who knows

Originally Posted by 36Tango
One of the great benefits of LOTO is that it will typically be very close to "normal" pool year around, each and every year.

When I travel around and see some lakes I shake my head in disbelief. If there is only so much water on this earth, and it doesn't go away, and the polar ice is melting, then where in the fock is it?

Didn't Al Gore say that New York would be underwater by now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.