Notices

Lake Levels in 2013...

Old 12-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 575cat
You should see the bullfrog ramp its got to be 1/4 mile long , ya have to pack a lunch to walk up to the parking area
At the ramp / dock area at Temple bar at lake Mead , you pick up a courtesy phone and the people at the cafe / top of boat ramp , send a van down to get you ! It's about 1/3 mile away ,and in 117* heat it's a ***** to hike .
Old 12-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pictures from drought
http://lightbox.time.com/2011/08/11/...rge-steinmetz/
Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in a bay in the 1000 Islands, St Lawrence River is SCARY low! Lowest I have seen in my lifetime [40years] I had some dredging done a few years ago, and will probably have to do some more, just hope the "rest" of the bay stays deep enough to get out into the river, I am hearing reports of ships running aground ALL the time, and the car ferry that travels between Kingston and the Island we are on has BARELY enough water to run in, I hate to think what the water levels will be like if we get no snow again this year. My neighbour has less than a foot of water in her boathouse and it used to be over my head :-[

Must be the bottling plants taking all the water, Geez, EVERYWHERE else I see on TV is being hit with flooding!!??
Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
thought it looked really low when I passed through in october...go through there every year about the same time...you guys had a crappy sled season last year too right???
October? Hunting? Yea, last year was a crap sled season and this year is looking worse! We will see...... jet stream has dropped down and looks like we may get back in the moisture flow this weekend.

It's pretty amazing how fast it CAN turn around. But you can also get screwed.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Long range weather patterns across the U.S. are all screwed up and it may get a lot worse for a long time before it gets better..... conditions were like this in the 30,s at the start and got a lot worse for a lot of years .No one knew how to deal with it then and I am sure no one knows what to do now ----we ,along with everyone else on this planet may have sunk our own boats because of because of all the pollution in the air. Im not saying Gore and his pals are right but if they are we may have a 30 or 40 year drought across the country and flood the East and West coast ..... You can kiss Key West so long-----God what am I saying we'll have to hold the world's on lake Erie..

Jim
Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Lake Erie was the lowest I ever saw it this summer and especially in the fall, hard to get the boat in and out of ramp...
Old 12-13-2012, 06:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GAZ
October? Hunting? Yea, last year was a crap sled season and this year is looking worse! We will see...... jet stream has dropped down and looks like we may get back in the moisture flow this weekend.

It's pretty amazing how fast it CAN turn around. But you can also get screwed.
yep hunting up above Paonia last 16 years, use to hunt white river area before it was draw only. its reopened but too many hunter due to the easy access. Been a number of years since we had any moisture during hunting season to talk about.

Last edited by LAriverratt; 12-13-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Man that is sad to see, I thought you guys were getting plenty of rain. It must be most of the south, Lanier has only a few boat ramps open and you best have a bass boat or you are not going to use those.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Man, that is some crazy chit! I doubt I'll see "normal" levels on those Texas Lakes in my lifetime! Rivers completely dried up?!?! That'll take a LONG time to come back. Lots of years of above avg. precip.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Water levels here on Saginaw Bay/Lake Huron are now at record lows. Was working the other day on Sand Point near Caseville MI, at the end of the point there was over a mile of lake bottom exposed out from the normal waters edge. Took a pic but didn't download to the laptop yet. Praying for some heavy snows in the north this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.