Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Offshore boat jumping massive breaking waves at Ocean Beach, San Francisco >

Offshore boat jumping massive breaking waves at Ocean Beach, San Francisco

Notices

Offshore boat jumping massive breaking waves at Ocean Beach, San Francisco

Old 01-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a thread on River Daves from yesterday showing a picture of possible boat with triple NXT drives.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Just wondering what he's doing there in the first place? Does anybody really go out in the big water with no idea of where you are going or how you're going to get there?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indy
Just wondering what he's doing there in the first place? Does anybody really go out in the big water with no idea of where you are going or how you're going to get there?

He was going NORTH and probably started too close when in-between sets......the big stuff is only at the point. There is no beach there to "beach the boat" so forget that. What he should have done is a 180 and went FT back and then went out and NOT into the swell. Either way, he didn't and the next wave popped and was bigger and too late.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Registered

Allstate comes up with the best commercials with the mayhem man at the wheel
Not sure which one is better the one with the bike or boat.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 PM
Registered

Thats an impressive video for sure, but Im not convinced the landing is as bad as you might think. We used to get BIG STUPID AIR in the test boats, simply because they weren't ours and we were trying to break stuff.

It looks like you are getting big crazy air because the nose is so high, but all the weight in the back barely leaves the wave. It would/could be worse on a wave half that size if the whole boat launches off the wave and lands flat if you understand what Im saying here.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

At about the 40 second mark, when they were going over the second wave crest, it looks like someone getting tossed up into the air. I would be really surprised if nobody sustained injuries from this. Does anyone know the owner and the whole story?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

I spoke with Doug Valentine about it and he said one person was injured (nothing serious) but supposedly is trying to sue. And the boat sustained some damage but not sure the details of that.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 28skater
I've watched that RAZZ video time and tie again. Just entertaining to see. But you don't get that knot in your stomach like seeing the video this thread is based on. Razz had a race team in it with proper safety gear. Does not make me do that wince when the waves get out of hand and the boat flies a little too high.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Registered

If it was me, I would be glad it was caught on video for sure. cool video but suck if boat, and people get hurt.

But like my bike wreck, wish i had a video of it to see, just casue.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by damdonzi
At about the 40 second mark, when they were going over the second wave crest, it looks like someone getting tossed up into the air. I would be really surprised if nobody sustained injuries from this. Does anyone know the owner and the whole story?
I got big air off of a freighter wake last year and the lone back seat passenger said she saw both of our feet up front. We both had the sense and confidence in the boat to hold on. I agree that the landing may not have been that bad depending on how deep the trough was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.