Notices

need honest opinion????

Old 03-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

See what they are asking. I think low to mid 20's would be the MAX I would offer given the market conditions. If you are in Michigan the economy is still lagging here. Remeber- these boats never go UP in value.

Wannabe
Old 03-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by carrera1
your so angry drock, your tantrum allready sold.... the right price is usually where you both feel screwed
Lol..right. No, I just can't stand when someone insults another like that. If the ad said "fire sale or I'm broke..must go" that's different The motor and out drive are worth $10k easy.

Originally Posted by 4bus
I agree with a sub $20k offer. It is not a leading brand, and it is a tough market. Sub $20k is a quick price, full NADA today is a 2 year sell price
PQ holds resale value better than any builder that's no longer in business...and better than Baja or checkmate. They are a quality built boat that will handle rough water. It would sell in a mater of a couple day if listed at $25k. With standard options nada shows 30-34k retail. Add pry another 3k for trailer. Bottom line is that its only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabe
See what they are asking. I think low to mid 20's would be the MAX I would offer given the market conditions. If you are in Michigan the economy is still lagging here. Remeber- these boats never go UP in value.

Wannabe
If someone is that worried about the economy they pry shouldn't be spending 20-30k on a toy. IMO. The payment is the cheapest part of owning a boat like these
Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was taught that 80% of asking price would be a reasonable offer to start unless you really feel you can go cheaper. JMHO Randy
Old 03-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

The intial cost is the easy part. It's the on going unknown costs that will upset you. Make the man a realistic offer that makes both of you happy. The pure joy of Sport boating is "priceless"...who cares what we spend...you are not going to spend in heaven! GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY !!!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You find a boat you really like, and the price is within range of your acceptance and yet you offer an insulting offer, you just might be told to hit the road leaving empty handed. Whereas if you made a lower offer but within reason, you'd be more likely to negotiate, possibly buying that boat. People always say, then keep looking. That works fine for a Searay Sundancer were every other seller has one, but I don't see this type of boat being sold at every corner. If you don't care where you buy or what type of boat you buy, then obviously you can insult all the sellers you want till you find a taker.....All while you spend your time and $$ searching and driving. The seller isn't towing his boat to your house costing him time and $$. Just my .02
Old 03-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
You find a boat you really like, and the price is within range of your acceptance and yet you offer an insulting offer, you just might be told to hit the road leaving empty handed. Whereas if you made a lower offer but within reason, you'd be more likely to negotiate, possibly buying that boat. People always say, then keep looking. That works fine for a Searay Sundancer were every other seller has one, but I don't see this type of boat being sold at every corner. If you don't care where you buy or what type of boat you buy, then obviously you can insult all the sellers you want till you find a taker.....All while you spend your time and $$ searching and driving. The seller isn't towing his boat to your house costing him time and $$. Just my .02
once again you are 100% correct..
Old 03-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Nobody has mentioned, it is in the middle of the winter. This is a very slow time for selling, so even a low offer is far more likely to be entertained. Don't be a complete jerk, but definitely offer on the low end of what you think is fair. You never know their situation, he might be hard up and take it. This is business, you aren't making friends. If he's mad, make a different offer. Money talks.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
Nobody has mentioned, it is in the middle of the winter. This is a very slow time for selling, so even a low offer is far more likely to be entertained. Don't be a complete jerk, but definitely offer on the low end of what you think is fair. You never know their situation, he might be hard up and take it. This is business, you aren't making friends. If he's mad, make a different offer. Money talks.
Middle of winter? Spring is two weeks away, I would have to say winter is far more than half over.

Miami boat show usually gets the buying juices flowing, and around here if your boat isn't sold by mid july plan on keeping it for another year
Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HEDGEHOGER
nada average is 25k w/o a trailer so i would say 27g tops and if it were me i would probably start at 23g all they can do is say no
Not sure where you got your nada numbers but low book without trailer is 29,000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.