Wow, what a great investment

Notices

Wow, what a great investment

Old 03-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
Hi Glenn:

Please understand that I am in no way dissing the boat. I think everyone would agree that it is indeed a beautiful piece. But most of the stuff you mentioned look like maintenance. New tank would not be necessary unless the old one leaked. New top ends, exhaust, drives, props, covers all seem like routine maintanence. Stereo and lights are definate upgrades. The interior, well maybe maybe not. I just find it interesting that the boat is priced $38K above what it was purchased for probably 3 years earlier. In my mind maintenance is a "cost of doing business" by owning a boat like this. The level of maintenance helps maintain the value but I'm not sure that it makes the boat more valuable. Well, good luck selling it as I'm sure someone will fall in lust with it.
No worries Joe, as you said someone will fall in lust with it and enjoy it as it's meant to be. I can't wait for warmer weather to splash it and see what it'll do. Hoping for mid to upper 90s, but we'll soon see.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Registered

There are two different used boat purchases. One that needs nothing and is right when you buy, and one that needs work to be happy with this expensive toy. Even if this boat sold for less than current ask as someone mentions, which may or may not be the case, you are paying for convenience that you turn the key and go with an already updated/maintained boat you are proud of owning. You pay to not hassle with updates, maintenance, etc. Time is worth a lot, maybe the most for a lot of folks who work long hours & boating is their time to escape from stresses of work. Furthermore, go buy a new OL & see where the price tag comes in at....this boat would be a fraction and is updated/maintained & fairly new.We are also in a slightly different used market than 2008-2011. There is no longer a huge used performance supply (turn key maintained boats) significantly exceeding demand, creating downward pressure on market values. Actually...I remember reading some articles from a few reputable folks in the performance industry stating there is potential for used values to creep upward due to supply/demand and increase in new boat costs. I think this is simple economics. I'd say from knowing what has been done, and seeing the absolutely flawless condition first hand, this price point is pretty much spot on.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:04 AM
tgi
Registered

"Flipping boats" works until it doesn't.......

A number of dynamic market factors point to a significant "top" in the boat market.....

Nobody will realize it until their phone stops ringing for months on end....

Too many people seem to have forgotten when the music stopped 5 years ago how many people didn't survive....

In a few short months it will be interesting to see where the "real" market is at (consummated deals) vs. fantasy market pricing.....
Old 03-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

In addition to maintenance and upgrades the boats history is also relevant when it comes to price point when I am looking at a new to me boat.

Not sure if anyone on here knows Jason Brock but I am pretty sure that this is the boat that spun out and bumped a tree several years ago when he owned it. Jason would know for sure if this was his boat and I would think that PBB/PBC (Performance LLC) would disclose this type of information to a buyer.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

The boat is worth what someone is willing to pay for it plain and simple.

List it for $200k+ if it sells at that point then that's it's worth to the new owner and nothing more matters.

Past is past......leave it there.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 03-09-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
In addition to maintenance and upgrades the boats history is also relevant when it comes to price point when I am looking at a new to me boat.

Not sure if anyone on here knows Jason Brock but I am pretty sure that this is the boat that spun out and bumped a tree several years ago when he owned it. Jason would know for sure if this was his boat and I would think that PBB/PBC (Performance LLC) would disclose this type of information to a buyer.
"bumped a tree" ?!?! How does that work? Gotta be more to that story.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baywatch

Bump a tree? I've bumped a dock, I've bumped another boat. What are you saying?
Old 03-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Level III Chaos
Bump a tree? I've bumped a dock, I've bumped another boat. What are you saying?
You'll have to wait until his puppeteer gives him a little more info so he can pass it on.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Registered

Is a boat broker expected to know the history of a boat they are flipping? Isn't a survey bought to find any issues?
Old 03-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Is it just me or does it seem like the boat-less always seem to be bashing boat prices? Wonder why that is?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.