Notices

Crash at DS.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Stop speculating. I have the sequence in 25mb glory.

As far as people stopping, turning around, etc-
there were 10 boats on em within 15 seconds.
If you didn't see it, if you weren't there, stfu.
Post them up or STFU!

Last edited by Ernest T Bass; 04-28-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Ya' forgot to say please!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Registered

Please!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:25 PM
GB
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
I'm not speculating, blaming or armchair quarterbacking. But a wrecked cat, a wrecked vee, and a lost leg. Not a bad weekend boating. Score one for public perception of the sport.
Completely Inappropriate and Classless
Old 04-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GB
Completely Inappropriate and Classless
+1

also only one of those things happened at D.S. which is bad enough, the other incidents took place at Lake Havasu.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I never claimed to be appropriate or have class... The point I was trying to make was that several incidents happened in the same vicinty. Whether they were part of DS or not is irreleveant to public perception. Public perception is releveant when trying to obtain sponorship, community involvment and permits to put on an event. I have volunteered a lot of my time and at my own expense to provide medical and safety services at races and poker runs. I like fast boats, I own a somewhat fast boat and I am working at putting together a race boat. I would like an oppertunity to enjoy the sport.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Registered

We were right next to the boat taking the video and seen it unfold. Not knowing if there was any divers in the choppers and putting ourselves in danger getting across the path of more on coming boats we stayed put. I did see 1 chopper sit down on the bluff 150' above the water and there looked to be 2 or maybe 3 spectator boats on that side if the lake, there was one patrol boat on our side that did make there way to the other side to lend assistants but it was at least 8 to 10 minutes before any resuce boats showed. All of us were waving our arms at on coming poker run boats as well as spectator boats to slow down, at this piont I was very surprized as the choppers didn't radio back and stop the run as the second wave came blowing by. I'm a little set back as to the lack of rescue that was availabe for such an event of this size. I'm just glad all survived.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wow, glad all are ok!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

The amount of rescue that you mention is a catch 22 situation. First is is a poker run not a race. Second, to have official rescue and medical/dive coverage opens the promoter to an INCREDIBLE amount of liabilty unfortunately. The best work around in a poker run type situation is to have medically trained personel with their own gear hitch a ride on patrol boats.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
skaterdave,do you feel better now that you opened your mouth and said something stupid once again,how much seat time do you have in a professional race boat,my guess is NONE,im sure john arruda does not need lessons from you.
Hey Mike, Thank you.
But no need to justify his off the topic remarks about me. Its obviously something personal.
All my comments where about safety concerns of what was posed in a video I viewed. I agree I do not have the whole story or the picture. My goal is to preserve our sport, thats it.
On another note: If Skater Dave wants to challenge to me and see who has the most high perf boat experience, I would welcome it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.