Notices

Crash at DS.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the choppers have rescue divers Or camera people? I see alot of comments on why didn't the choppers help. Where they equipped to do so ?
Old 04-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut View Post
Im glad all are ok but how many boats went past without stopping? You seen a a few come back but how hard is it to throw your hand up to let everyone know to slow down. It would make me a little upset if I was the one to flip and then watch everyone blow past me if I was in survival mode. Not trying to piss anyone off but come on guys.
not taking sides here... but, you can't just, "stop" when running at-speed, unless you do it the way the DCB did!. the lake is narrow and would take some consideration as to on-coming boats to turn around, at that point of the run, safely. it looked like quite a few boats circled back.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman View Post
Man here we go again, no matter whos at the wheel, when traveling that speed u get a lot of air packing under the hull and hit a wake, its like a jet plane lift off. thank god everyone survived.
not necessarily true... i hit a set of "unexpected" ship tanker rollers while cruising in fairly calm water at 145 MPH in my 36 Skater. in order to make it thru something like that, without incident, you need several things to happen, prior, during, and at landing -- prior trim set properly... throttle properly.... keep the wheel/nose of the boat pointed in the right direction, and at the proper level --- and know what to do when you're in the air between re-entries.

careful with your postings..... i will agree that cats run faster, which only makes sense that when an unexpected incident occurs, the danger and risk levels can be much higher. as the boyscouts say, "always be prepared". haha......

*PS: One of the guys i was running with was in a 43' cat. he was not set-up and ready, nor reacted properly and stuffed the boat fairly bad. again, everyone was ok. but, the point is, i'd seen this guy do the same thing in his prior 36' cat --- he was given a warning the first time (in the 36) and didn't take the warning to heart, and it happened again. IMO, i wonder why he did not get educated (via tres, JT, etc...).

sorry for the wordy post!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ilmordude View Post
the helo's or "safety boats" or both should drop a colored smoke bomb or something asap when something like this happens. Simple, you see smoke, you slow the f*%k down now!
+1
Old 04-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Registered

Default M35

What a horrible accident. I'm so glad those two men are ok... Just when I think back just a few days earlier, I was standing right next to that Silver M35 at the LHC boat show, while it was on display, and also 30mins before the accident, I was staring right at that boat as it was parading through the channel at DS. Wow, it gives me the chills just thinking about it. So happy the guys are ok. After seeing the boat in the air like that, so happy they survived that.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 34 Posts

Ya know, during races they wear helmets and most of the race boats are SLOWER than the poker run boats. And the helmets are orange so hopefully somebody can see you bobbing in the water. Just a passing thought.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Registered

Shutting down in the middle of a run like that is just asking to get hit from behind, IMO. We are a diverse crowd when it comes to boating, and everyone has to make the decision they feel is right at the time...
Old 04-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm not speculating, blaming or armchair quarterbacking. But a wrecked cat, a wrecked vee, and a lost leg. Not a bad weekend boating. Score one for public perception of the sport.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle View Post
I'm not speculating, blaming or armchair quarterbacking. But a wrecked cat, a wrecked vee, and a lost leg. Not a bad weekend boating. Score one for public perception of the sport.
And a child run over after falling from a pontoon and killed that same week.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle View Post
I Guess if your not the one that lost a leg...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.