Notices

bottom cleaning...

Old 08-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
http://www.goofoffstainremover.com/p...allon-gsx00101

You can easily get it at Home Depot $9 gallon. Literally spray it on with a bug sprayer and come back 5 minutes later and hit it with a hose.

Perfectly white and 10x cheaper than any marine product....
Which cleaner did you use? The link goes to the main Goof Off page. The outdoor rust remover maybe?

Thx
Old 08-21-2013, 06:18 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506738[/ATTACH]All acid based cleaners damage your gel coat. Do research!!!

Use Ring-go to clean bottom and keep your gel coat damage free. Also - search Ringo here on OSO.
Attached Thumbnails bottom cleaning...-image.jpg  

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
POWER ONE! Enuff said.
It's pure magic! Best I've ever used, and you can put it on with your hands.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BillR
[ATTACH=CONFIG]506738[/ATTACH]All acid based cleaners damage your gel coat. Do research!!!

Use Ring-go to clean bottom and keep your gel coat damage free. Also - search Ringo here on OSO.
Bill I searched for where to buy this stuff but could not find it. Can you point me in a direction.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Item # RINGGO

A concentrated 23% hydrochloric acid disinfectant bathroom toilet bowl cleaner, especially formulated to kill many germs. Dilution: 3 oz per 3/4 gallon of water. White emulsion/acidic/pH: <1/USDA: C2/NSF listed. 12 per case. Kills many germs commonly found in hospital, industrial and institutional environments. High acid level with acid compatible detergents facilitate the removal of resistant stains (rust, hard water deposits).

Same product ?
Old 08-22-2013, 05:16 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

By far the best hull cleaner I have used is called Captain Phab.
RG.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Oxalic acid works very well. Mix 1/10 with water and spray the mixture on the hull.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Registered

I can't speak for everyone on here, but I have learned from my mistakes. I will never put any kind of acid based cleaner on any of my boats again. It removes the wax causing the stains to apear more frequent. Even if you wax the fiberglass after cleaning.
If a little research is done, or maybe talk to someone in the fiberglass boat building profession. They can confirm this. The mold for fiberglass is waxed then the gel coat is put in then the fiberglass. The mold it then removed from the whatever (in this case a boat hull) it is polished out and finished. The wax from the mold is still on the hull and acts like a protective barier. Over time when acid is used for cleaning it removes the wax and etches the gel coat. Even if you rewax the hull it will never be like it was when it came out the mold.
I am not a professional this is just what I have learned and my option is never to use acid base cleaners on my boats again.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by BoatnBrad
I can't speak for everyone on here, but I have learned from my mistakes. I will never put any kind of acid based cleaner on any of my boats again. It removes the wax causing the stains to apear more frequent. Even if you wax the fiberglass after cleaning.
If a little research is done, or maybe talk to someone in the fiberglass boat building profession. They can confirm this. The mold for fiberglass is waxed then the gel coat is put in then the fiberglass. The mold it then removed from the whatever (in this case a boat hull) it is polished out and finished. The wax from the mold is still on the hull and acts like a protective barier. Over time when acid is used for cleaning it removes the wax and etches the gel coat. Even if you rewax the hull it will never be like it was when it came out the mold.
I am not a professional this is just what I have learned and my option is never to use acid base cleaners on my boats again.
Then what do you use?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Then what do you use?
Sorry for got to put that. It is basicly a acid free bathroom cleaner that is safe as liquid dish soap. no wories about protecting trailer, concrete, etc. it is safe for alum., copper, brass, glass can't use it on marble don't know why don't have any to worry about. lol. It is called Pro Chem Enviro-Clean RTU.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.